Arizona Any reliable Jeep mechanics in Phoenix area?

oscaralexander

Hey all,

About 2 1/2 years ago I wrecked my 2006 4.0 automatic in a collision which left it with a broken motor mount, transfer case, front axle, fenders, and shocks. My parents, found this 2005 4.0 automatic near Yosemite which had a rollover in 2005 and was originally going to be used for the airbags on it. However, my sister found the key next to it and when we brought it home it started right up, the odometer read 3260. Since this jeep had such low miles, still even had the dealership plate on it, I got to work and changed everything underneath except for the wiring harness this last month. I switched the engine, exhaust manifold, muffler, transfer case, transmission, the whole deal. After a custom alignment it felt good to drive but I am having what I believe to be some major electronic issues. My instrument cluster does not read gas levels, engine oil, coolant, etc. All check engine light codes are sensor related as well. I drove it like this from Red Bluff, CA to Phoenix, AZ where I am stationed (roughly 700-800 mile drive) when I realized that drive is second gear. Drive just doesn't start at 1st gear nor will it switch to 3rd. I checked my shifter rod and it went fine when I had someone in the car shifting so I could see. So that's where I am at with this thing. Just looking for some suggestions and if anyone knows a good Jeep mechanic in the Phoenix area (preferably west side, that could resolve what's left of my issues).
Thanks!

813E5CC0-9524-403A-82C8-092A15434AAE.png

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Could be ECM issues which are well know on the 05-06 automatics, Find the contact for @Wranglerfix on this site and call them and describe your issues and they can tell you if they can help. Welcome to the site, it's the only site you will need moving forward with your TJ project.

Could be ECM issues which are well know on the 05-06 automatics, Find the contact for @Wranglerfix on this site and call them and describe your issues and they can tell you if they can help. Welcome to the site, it's the only site you will need moving forward with your TJ project.

Thanks Mutant, I took it to this guy here who runs a shop that only works on Jeep TJ's and he's thinking computer as well so he has me ordering a new one and seeing if that works. Ill definitely give @Wranglerfix a call sometime today.
Appreciate it and I will keep updated on what happens/ eventual fix

If he does a good job, post his info here as I'm sure it could help others in the Phoenix area.

The guy was too booked to take my Jeep in but he steered me in the right direction, awesome dude who took the time to explain my issues and how I can fix it. His name is
Joe Daro
On Point Performance and Offroad
5237 W Montebello Dr, Ste C-15
Glendale AZ 85010
623-234-3339

Another good place was Absolute-Offroad in Peoria but they referred me to Joe because he's an expert when it comes to electrical.

Reactions: nk24
Hey,
Wanted to give an update, installed a new PCM and fixed my limp mode issue, running great on the roads now. Got two other issues I am working on but making a separate forum for it.
Thanks!

What are the other issues you are having? Are there any codes?
Unfortunately don't have a code reader handy but my gas gauge isn't working, it will show the gas level on start but after driving some miles down the road it goes back to showing empty. The second issue, is my A/C but I suspect a blower motor or fuse.