Any small business owners out there?

Dude I'm good at lots of stuff. I kick ass at drywall but fuck that.

I said don't turn your passion into a job, not "Do the thing you hate the most and will suck your soul".

Also, why is every drywall installer I have met 5'4" or shorter?

Carpet installer, that is what you want. Who needs knees anyway?

No you suck at drywall. That shit requires you to work way to hard.

Truth. First house we ever rehab'd I did 95% of all of it. Drywall came out great. Second house? No chance. I called a contractor to take care of that and the tile for me and let me tell you - I was BEWILDERED at how fast these dudes put up drywall, taped, mudded and sanded. Even crazier that it was PERFECT. I mean mine came out good, couple popped screws but whatever, it just took me forever to get it right. I couldn't believe how good and fast those guys were.

Reactions: Ericict
I own a plumbing company with 23 employees in CA what a joke with all of the Reg's. One thing that pisses my off is the way the government act's like I should have a HR Dept., a Safety Officer, etc., etc., Now every year we are to have sexual harassment training for every employee and managers need to have 8 hours / year of the same. Weekly safety meetings per OSHA, crap how much safety can we talk about.

And that in CA you need to have a business license in every city you work in along with a State Contractors License. Working in the SF Bay Area we cover about 15 cities so that's 15 license's we have to pay for, and we are technically required to get permits for everything from a simple sewer repair, to a water heater replacement.

I own a plumbing company with 23 employees in CA what a joke with all of the Reg's. One thing that pisses my off is the way the government act's like I should have a HR Dept., a Safety Officer, etc., etc., Now every year we are to have sexual harassment training for every employee and managers need to have 8 hours / year of the same. Weekly safety meetings per OSHA, crap how much safety can we talk about.

And that in CA you need to have a business license in every city you work in along with a State Contractors License. Working in the SF Bay Area we cover about 15 cities so that's 15 license's we have to pay for, and we are technically required to get permits for everything from a simple sewer repair, to a water heater replacement.

Man, California is sure turning in to the rich and poor, have and have not’s. You own a business? Well fuck you polluting the environment and wanting to do something!
That old barn built in 1905 you want to use as a milk bark ? We need a environmental impact statement for 12 hundred

Hats off to you business owners in California. The gov regs are bad enough without adding the Ca. crap. I’d have to mainline Makers 46 on a daily basis, to keep from telling them all to take a leap.

Hats off to you business owners in California. The gov regs are bad enough without adding the Ca. crap. I’d have to mainline Makers 46 on a daily basis, to keep from telling them all to take a leap.
Kettle One is my get through the day soda :)

I have had many opportunities to work in California, no thanks.

Unions aren’t any easier to deal with. Looked at large projects in Chicago and passed because of their requirements.

I’d rather stay small and in the Rocky Mountain region. Yes we could grow and most likely make more money but I’ll pass. Might have to work a few more years before retiring but I already have enough stress.

Good luck out there brother!

Ran a somewhat successful gaming community through a lot of high school. Quickly found out that handling 25k+ active users is not a simple task for a teenager and few friends. We slowly dissolved our LLC. Chose college over that. Glad I did. I'll have my own business again, but this time I'll be ready for the responsibility.