Oregon Any spring breakers want to go to Brown's Camp?

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
My wife took some time off and the kids are out of school.

I have two rigs. One is the Rubicon and can do most everything there but maybe the crushers.

The other is a 4Runner. Armored, on 33’s/beadlocks and a rear locker.

Depending on who who wants to go and what trails, I’d like to bring both. My wife loves to drive and is damn good.

But I haven’t been there in 10-12 years. So I’m sure it’s changed and I can’t be leader.

Any interest? A day trip is long but fine. If only two younger boys come, might just take the Rubi. If the older comes, both rigs.

So, who is interested? I missed the last run. I’m retired now so I’m free. 😂

Reactions: DrDmoney
I am interested, but I am not sure I could keep up with either of those rigs. 2" lift on 31s and no lockers. I would hate to hold you back, but love to run some trails.

Reactions: Vasq and Rick Flair
I am interested, but I am not sure I could keep up with either of those rigs. 2" lift on 31s and no lockers. I would hate to hold you back, but love to run some trails.

No let’s keep it simple. I have a good friend with a Libby on 30’s and open/open who would love to come too. I offered seats to him and her if we get sorta hardcore but then again, I don’t want to beat either of my rigs to death. So I’m good with a easy ride. Done the tough stuff before. Meh.

No let’s keep it simple. I have a good friend with a Libby on 30’s and open/open who would love to come too. I offered seats to him and her if we get sorta hardcore but then again, I don’t want to beat either of my rigs to death. So I’m good with a easy ride. Done the tough stuff before. Meh.

That sounds good. There are also several tough sections with an easy bypass, and I have a winch so could always make a good anchor.

Reactions: Vasq and Rick Flair
That sounds good. There are also several tough sections with an easy bypass, and I have a winch so could always make a good anchor.

Yep! Come man! We are not going to go hardcore and be pretty gentle as I don’t beat my rigs nor does my buddy. We have fun but it’s not a badge of honor to trash things.

Ok, just updating the thread. We have 3-4 rigs.

I’d like to keep it at less than 8 rigs. Been on large runs and they tend to get be too much to handle. I’m not a event organizer. I don’t want to be. I want casual so let’s get a few more.

So, where’s this place at?

I’m 3 1/2” lift on 33’s with an open/open. Won’t have lockers till later this year, but still wanna run this bad boy.

What day doesn’t matter, I’m retired.

So if you’re up for another rig.......

So, where’s this place at?

I’m 3 1/2” lift on 33’s with an open/open. Won’t have lockers till later this year, but still wanna run this bad boy.

What day doesn’t matter, I’m retired.

So if you’re up for another rig.......
Owl Camp Rd
Tillamook, OR 97141
United States

Any thought on what day to do this? I am pretty open other than Monday the 22nd.

Reactions: Vasq
Where did everybody go?

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
Sorry guys!!!! Next Saturday is the day! I might not be in the TJ.

Let me figure out time to meet and I’ll update this.

So far, I have a liberty on 31’s with a rear locker confirmed, my 4Runner on 33’s, rear locker, armor and winch, neighbors 4Runner on 33’s.

You mild guys don’t worry. 😎👍

I have been out to Brown's Camp twice. Just throwing this out in case it helps to set up the meetup.

The closest gas station I know of is the Shell in Banks, Or. It is a pretty good spot for a small group to meet up and fill up if they are heading to the trails from the East (Portland).
Banks Shell Station

If there are folks who don't want to fill up or are coming from the coast, there is a small spot at the entrance to Brown's camp (Beaver Dam Rd) to meet. This may also be a place to air down as it is all gravel roads from here.
Wilson River Hwy & Beaver Dam Rd

It is about a 20 minute drive from the Shell to the Beaver Dam Rd turn off.

There are also a few staging areas where we could meet up and air down, but they get pretty full on the weekends.
Staging Area 1
Staging Area 2

Reactions: Rick Flair
Yep! Anyone wants to meet at the banks gas station coming from Portland or down south and up I5 and 217....

We are thinking 10:30 there?

PM me if that’s what your thinking and I’ll give my cell out.

We are also bringing scary boom sticks and some RC cars and drones.

Just wanted to make that clear so don’t feel obligated to hang for that part of your not comfortable with it.

So far it’s two 4Runners and a Liberty.

I’ll update tomorrow to finalize.

Yep! Anyone wants to meet at the banks gas station coming from Portland or down south and up I5 and 217....

We are thinking 10:30 there?

PM me if that’s what your thinking and I’ll give my cell out.

We are also bringing scary boom sticks and some RC cars and drones.

Just wanted to make that clear so don’t feel obligated to hang for that part of your not comfortable with it.

So far it’s two 4Runners and a Liberty.

I’ll update tomorrow to finalize.

I'll meet you at the Shell. incoming PM with my cell number.

Boom sticks too? Nice.

Reactions: Rick Flair