Any tips for installing Genright Highlines?

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Looking for any tips on installing Genright Highline fenders with the Genright inner fenders and battery relocation brackets. I just ordered them and I know they can be a bit of a bear to install. I just want to be prepared with any tips or tricks. Or if you know a good windshield washer bottle that works or hood latches or pins. I’d appreciate the help.

@starkey480 just installed genrights and inner fenders on his rig. Maybe he will chime in.

I picked up a coolant bottle from Oriellys to use as my windshield washer container. Drilled a new hole at the bottom to fit the pump. Has been working great for 3 years now. I am also using Daystar hood pins. A tip to get them installed is to install the pins in the grill first, then dab some grease on top and shut your hood to know where to drill--note that where the grease ends up on the hood, you will want to account for the hood shutting all the way closed, so I'd move your drill spot up another 1/4" or so.

Reactions: rasband and Rescue6
The install wasn't bad at all. The hardest part was the hood cut. Following @starkey480's advice, I marked the cut line 1/2" low and worked my way up little by little with a sanding disk.

I ended up using this washer bottle & hood Pins

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NVFV883/?tag=wranglerorg-20https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L428V3W/?tag=wranglerorg-20
20210413_000614.jpg
20210411_212918.jpg
20210418_145327.jpg
20210418_102227.jpg

I used the same bottle as Alex and the same pins as tworley. Cut low and trim up! Use a pencil that you drag along the side of the fender and mark on the hood for the final cut line. This will ensure there is an even gap between fender and hood line despite whether the fender is perfectly straight or not.

Reactions: Rescue6
The install wasn't bad at all. The hardest part was the hood cut. Following @starkey480's advice, I marked the cut line 1/2" low and worked my way up little by little with a sanding disk.

I ended up using this washer bottle & hood Pins

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NVFV883/?tag=wranglerorg-20https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L428V3W/?tag=wranglerorg-20
View attachment 251682View attachment 251683View attachment 251684View attachment 251685
Looks like your install turned out great. How is your PSC res. Mounted? Was that a must do with the new fenders? I had not thought about having to move that as well.

Looks like your install turned out great. How is your PSC res. Mounted? Was that a must do with the new fenders? I had not thought about having to move that as well.
I bolted it directly through the fender using the bolts at the bottom of the reservoir. IIRC yours is set up using the psc bracket. I don’t believe you'd need to change it if thats the case. One of the things I didn't account for when doing my fenders was that you lose the drivers side abs tray bracket and mount. I had my locker pumps mounted to it so I ended up cutting it narrower and welding a piece of flat stock to it in order to mount the pumps.

Also I had to cut the k&n intake tube a bit so the cone was further back.- that may have been due to the york though.

20210511_155433.jpg
20210511_155459.jpg

I bolted it directly through the fender using the bolts at the bottom of the reservoir. IIRC yours is set up using the psc bracket. I don’t believe you'd need to change it if thats the case. One of the things I didn't account for when doing my fenders was that you lose the drivers side abs tray bracket and mount. I had my locker pumps mounted to it so I ended up cutting it narrower and welding a piece of flat stock to it in order to mount the pumps.

Also I had to cut the k&n intake tube a bit so the cone was further back.- that may have been due to the york though.

View attachment 251702View attachment 251703
Thank you for the pictures. I may look at moving my PSC res closer to the pump that way as well. I no longer have the cruise control crap or any ABS stuff to worry about mounting so that should help a bit also.

Reactions: Alex01
Highlines look easy without a coilover hoop + crossover bar. Room for days! The main thing you have to come up with is a good airbox solution. Might be able to just reuse stock with a little tweaking. I have still yet to replace the K&N style I slapped on as an intermediate solution.

Highlines look easy without a coilover hoop + crossover bar. Room for days! The main thing you have to come up with is a good airbox solution. Might be able to just reuse stock with a little tweaking. I have still yet to replace the K&N style I slapped on as an intermediate solution.
Have you seen this filter before? I was just sent a link to it yesterday after selling my non highlines to someone locally.

Carb legal caught my attention since it matters where I live.

https://trailheadoffroad.com/product/wrangler-tj-lj-cowl-intake-97-06-with-pre-filter/

Last edited: