Any tips on changing out power steering pump and hoses?

IIRC, you will need a special tool to remove and reinstall the pulley (unless your new pump includes one already attached). The local O'Reily's Auto Parts loans one out for free.

Reactions: greenliftedtj97
If you have an impact place a floor jack under the steering box remove the 3 bolts and lower it down about 4 inches and access is easy. And for the love of god use a line wrench.

1544802377451285889070904182773.jpg

Reactions: kickice24
If you have an impact place a floor jack under the steering box remove the 3 bolts and lower it down about 4 inches and access is easy. And for the love of god use a line wrench.
I did this, and it worked great to get access to the connector on the gear box. But now I can't get the damn gearbox back on! It's like it rotated away from the bolt holes on the frame. Any suggestions?

Try to turn the wheel, some of the older ones have the feature that locks the steering wheel if it's turned and the keys not in the "on" position.

Reactions: SD2001TJ
Oh, yeah, I've got that. It actually locked at one point and then I put the keys in to unlock it (during this process).