Any tips on getting this vacuum fitting assembly apart?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
00.jpg

I need to disassemble this vacuum Tee in order to re-route this line. Any tricks to getting it apart, or should I just cut it and replace it with new? I want to put an Ell in place of the Tee, and another Tee down under this solenoid.

Warm everything up well, and take your time disassembling. Have parts handy in case things go wrong and keep your receipt.

Reactions: Zorba
Use a small 90deg pick to work the hose loose. Slide it between the hose and the plastic, but don't poke a hole in the hose. Like the tool you use for radiator hoses.

View attachment 240210
I need to disassemble this vacuum Tee in order to re-route this line. Any tricks to getting it apart, or should I just cut it and replace it with new? I want to put an Ell in place of the Tee, and another Tee down under this solenoid.
I would cut the zip tie, move it behind the harness as it , re zip tie.

compressed air can make it easy and hair spray at reassembly is awesome.

Reactions: John Cooper
I would cut the zip tie, move it behind the harness as it , re zip tie.

compressed air can make it easy and hair spray at reassembly is awesome.
I‘d never think of using hairspray for reassembling those rubber fittings, Andy. Does it lube it for assembly, or make it sticky to keep it together?

Reactions: Zorba
I‘d never think of using hairspray for reassembling those rubber fittings, Andy. Does it lube it for assembly, or make it sticky to keep it together?
Both...it allows it to slide easily then freezes it...it’s thin lacquer basically.

Diesel guys use it for their cold air charge hoses as well.

I was thinking if could wrap a hot towel around it and let it sit for a minute to soften it up. Now I have done this but I have put rubber parts in hot water to soften and it works.

Both...it allows it to slide easily then freezes it...it’s thin lacquer basically.

Diesel guys use it for their cold air charge hoses as well.

Use a small 90deg pick to work the hose loose. Slide it between the hose and the plastic, but don't poke a hole in the hose. Like the tool you use for radiator hoses.
This is what I ended up doing - used a sub-miniature screwdriver. Re-routed the line going to the vacuum reservoir, then cut the line on the other side of the TEE and put an elbow in it. No more stress on the line:

00.jpg