Anybody else’s TJ stick out like a sore thumb?

Westtown Willy

TJ dummy
Supporting Member
Stick out like a sore thumb wherever it’s parked?

008.JPG

Was supposed to head into the mountains today but would you believe I couldn’t find one single solitary person willing to blow off work to help me meet my two jeep minimum to enter the park, pretty sure the world has gone mad o_O

I settled for a 5 minute drive into town to get a Rita’s water ice with my daughter, a pretty nice consolation prize. Was sitting on a bench eating my half wild cherry half chocolate concoction when I looked at the TJ & just started laughing

A perfect illustration of what's wrong with the rest of the world - all those cars look the same. Boring!

That is one reason I like older cars that are interesting in some way, plus no bullshit GPS built into the electronics. The only car in the garage with new tracking tech is my wife's 2017 Golf Alltrack wagon, but that just makes it safer for her out in the world. For me I like being off the radar.

Reactions: John E Lane and JMT
A perfect illustration of what's wrong with the rest of the world - all those cars look the same. Boring!

yup, all started with the gas crunch in the 70's & it was all down hill to blandville ever since; seems like all manufacturers have morphed into one computer aided wind tunnel approved acceptable shape, getting harder & harder to tell them apart. Remember when you could easily identify the make & model of a car from its silhouette, not so easy anymore. Don't get me wrong, love new cars for their safety, efficiency & reliability but they're not all that inspiring anymore.

Apart from the ‘space thing’ in post #8, yeah, Jeeps really stick out. There is nothing like them. I hope it stays that way. I’m hopeful it will given the environmental wackos.

Reactions: John E Lane
yup, all started with the gas crunch in the 70's & it was all down hill to blandville ever since; seems like all manufacturers have morphed into one computer aided wind tunnel approved acceptable shape, getting harder & harder to tell them apart. Remember when you could easily identify the make & model of a car from its silhouette, not so easy anymore. Don't get me wrong, love new cars for their safety, efficiency & reliability but they're not all that inspiring anymore.
Exactly..... all the car manufacturers seem to all be building the same car, or the same little egg- shaped SUV.

Reactions: John E Lane
SPACE THING?!?! It's the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile!

damn skippy it is, and on a related note, yes that is my Christmas Tree still up in photo one, & yes I am pathetic, but a closer look at the little orange dot in the middle reveals that at least I have the good sense & decency to leave the Wienermobile ornament in place :borra2:

Bonus, it plays the song too though you have to turn the volume waaaay up because the battery is getting low:

009.JPG
010.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
Here on Maui they rent Jeeps to tourists and there are also lots of private Jeeps due to the ocean lifestyle. It's hard to stand out but I'm ok with that, I just like our TJ. My other vehicle is a 2018 ZR 2 (green) which does stand out a bit because there are only 3 or 4 on island.
When I drive the bike I get a reaction sometimes because it's so old (1973).