Anybody else’s TJ stick out like a sore thumb?

View attachment 42340 View attachment 42339 View attachment 42338 Here on Maui they rent Jeeps to tourists and there are also lots of private Jeeps due to the ocean lifestyle. It's hard to stand out but I'm ok with that, I just like our TJ. My other vehicle is a 2018 ZR 2 (green) which does stand out a bit because there are only 3 or 4 on island.
When I drive the bike I get a reaction sometimes because it's so old (1973).
Beautiful bike. My father had a 75'.

Apart from the ‘space thing’ in post #8, yeah, Jeeps really stick out. There is nothing like them. I hope it stays that way. I’m hopeful it will given the environmental wackos.
That's not a Space Thingy,Thats the OSCAR MEYER WINNIE MOBILE!!AND If you Couldn't recognize it, Than That Makes you a Youngster, Lol!!!

Reactions: K.C. and JMT
That's not a Space Thingy,Thats the OSCAR MEYER WINNIE MOBILE!!AND If you Couldn't recognize it, Than That Makes you a Youngster, Lol!!!
What’s an Oscar Meyer Winnie? Never heard of it and I’m 44. I eat bratwursts.;)

View attachment 42340 Here on Maui they rent Jeeps to tourists and there are also lots of private Jeeps due to the ocean lifestyle. It's hard to stand out but I'm ok with that, I just like our TJ. My other vehicle is a 2018 ZR 2 (green) which does stand out a bit because there are only 3 or 4 on island.

That 750 is clean! The first street bike I road was my dads 550. Came around the corner and my step mom was in the driveway, very unhappy. Probably because I was 15, no license, no helmet, and sorta took it without asking :D

Reactions: John E Lane and JMT
View attachment 42340 View attachment 42339 View attachment 42338 Here on Maui they rent Jeeps to tourists and there are also lots of private Jeeps due to the ocean lifestyle. It's hard to stand out but I'm ok with that, I just like our TJ. My other vehicle is a 2018 ZR 2 (green) which does stand out a bit because there are only 3 or 4 on island.
Nice CB750! I always wanted one. I had an 82 Zuk 650. It got some looks. This is what it looked like when I sold it...

P7300008Small.JPG

Reactions: John E Lane
I love that truck haha. I’ll end up with one I know I will. Chevy nailed it with that truck. V8 would be awesome, but it’s not needed.

So far, the V6 has a lot of power, reminds me of the 96 Suburban I had (first year for Vortec) Overall, the ZR2 is well thought out, comfortable and has a lot of great features.
The 750 is a project I really enjoyed, I had it down to empty frame, empty engine cases. Lots of polishing, re-spoked with stainless spokes and new rims, new wiring harness, etc. 750's are like Jeeps, you can get almost any part you need for them, except some very early parts from the first production run of about 7400 units, they had some unique parts.
I will slowly go through the TJ and renew a lot of stuff as $$ allows. I tend to keep vehicles a long time. I will eventually paint or wrap it, not sure which. Either method will require a lot of disassembly. Next up is brakes. They work ok but they look corroded and I'm picky about brakes.

Stick out like a sore thumb wherever it’s parked?

View attachment 42215

Was supposed to head into the mountains today but would you believe I couldn’t find one single solitary person willing to blow off work to help me meet my two jeep minimum to enter the park, pretty sure the world has gone mad o_O

I settled for a 5 minute drive into town to get a Rita’s water ice with my daughter, a pretty nice consolation prize. Was sitting on a bench eating my half wild cherry half chocolate concoction when I looked at the TJ & just started laughing

Even though the others didn't join you, it's still and awesome win-win. Quality time with your daughter and quality time with your Jeep...….savor it, they grow up way too fast :)
Ray

Even though the others didn't join you, it's still and awesome win-win. Quality time with your daughter and quality time with your Jeep...….savor it, they grow up way too fast :)
Ray

Ray I couldn't agree more. The trip to Rita's is a family tradition we started when the kids were little. On the last day of school we'd head there for water ice to celebrate another year finished. I've only got one of these trips left, she's my youngest & by this time next year will graduate from college and be sworn in as a Second Lieutenant in the Army at which point she'll leave for officer training and then to serve her country.

Here's a shot of my girls from last year's Ritas run:

Ali.jpg

Ray I couldn't agree more. The trip to Rita's is a family tradition we started when the kids were little. On the last day of school we'd head there for water ice to celebrate another year finished. I've only got one of these trips left, she's my youngest & by this time next year will graduate from college and be sworn in as a Second Lieutenant in the Army at which point she'll leave for officer training and then to serve her country.

Here's a shot of my girls from last year's Ritas run:

View attachment 42605

Awww, God Bless her, and God Bless you for raising such a fine young woman !
Ray