Anybody ever installed a bench seat in the front of a LJ?

DETOUR

TJ Enthusiast
Anybody ever installed a bench seat in the front of a LJ ?
Possibly from a import vehicle
C52B3369-79E2-4275-962B-0EFDBD34AE5D.jpeg

Reactions: Tomcat and psrivats
I did an early 00's Ford Ranger bench (60/40 split) in my 1994 YJ. Several threads out there for that swap.

I could shove a small kid in the middle seat, but it wasn't comfortable...

Reactions: DETOUR
I had test fit mine with a Nissan Hardbody P/U. It had a small cutout in the middle of the bench for more shifter clearance. It was not a split bench, but fit surprisingly well. Realized my pooch could just jump in through the back and then sit on the stock passenger seat.

Reactions: EzPeezy and DETOUR
Fwiw the LJ and TJ are identical in front of the b pillar.

You're going to have a difficult time with the parking brake.

Instead of a seat, what if you remove the console and make a platform with some padding?
Yea, duh😶. That is what I meant to say😐. No, wait, that is exactly what I did say😕. Must be the auto-correct changed my entire post😒. Yea, that must be what happened🙄. Stupid autocorrect😁.

My dog actually has a much easier time jumping in through the back door and then wiggling between the two front seats to get to her "captain's" seat. I think even if the back seat was in this would be her preferred way.

Ha

Hahaha what a CLASSIC response!!!!! Can’t take what he dishes out! Classic! Thank you for showing your true self!

Sounds like you both need to take a road trip together in jeep with a bench front seat and work out some issues.

To the OP, I’ve read articles on doing it in a YJ and what not but not a TJ platform. My concern would be airbag impact if someone ever rode in the middle. Might not have one there with you but if you ever sold it etc..

Sounds like you both need to take a road trip together in jeep with a bench front seat and work out some issues.

To the OP, I’ve read articles on doing it in a YJ and what not but not a TJ platform. My concern would be airbag impact if someone ever rode in the middle. Might not have one there with you but if you ever sold it etc..
I've looked into this as well and that's the main problem. Most middle seats only have a lap belt, and a lap belt plus no airbag sounds like a terrible idea.