Oklahoma Anybody going to Ultra4 finals Oct 27-30th in NE Oklahoma?

freedom_in_4low

I'm a rooster illusion
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Don't know if I can but I'd like to. I think I'd enjoy 4600 the most but it would be harder to make a Friday race with my wife in school. I'd be bringing my 7 year old along.

1663552990866.png

Reactions: TJ Starting
We went last year, it was a pretty good time. After hitting KoH 2 years in a row when I was in Cali it was not quite as exciting as I was expecting but still a good time.

Honestly wasn't tracking it was coming up again. I'll see if I can make it.

just realized it's in Disney, last year it was in crossbar.

just realized it's in Disney, last year it was in crossbar.

yeah it was originally planned for Crossbar again and I saw fliers a year ago saying so. I'm assuming the the rights to Ultra4 being acquired by Mid-America Offroad (which is just down the road from Disney in Jay, OK) in March of this year probably has something to do with it. I don't really follow the sport much so I had no idea that happened or any of the implications of that deal, I just thought it might be fun to watch. You can tell it's a smaller sport by the fact that they can change a championship venue just a few months out. Think about something like changing the location of the Super Bowl the summer before it's played.

I still have no idea whether I'll be able to go. My wife is in radiography school and starts clinical rotations this month and I have no idea what her schedule will look like, and if our trim carpenter finishes his work on time then I'll probably be spending that weekend fabricating the railing for our loft and stairs. If I can go, I think it would be too much for my 4 year old so I may have to pawn him off on some grandparents and figure out some logistics for me and the older one since it's a 3 hour drive each way (instead of about 1.5 it would have been to Crossbar), and then I have to figure out if I'm interested enough in the classes that run on Saturday to make the effort since 4600 looks more interesting to me.