Anybody join E3 off-road or overland?

Looks like another revenue stream for the litebright crew, can’t hate them for being entrepreneurs.

that said, I wouldn’t pay when you have folks with lots more experience sharing their knowledge for free here and on other places.

After looking into it there wasn’t much of a compelling reason for me.

Similar to @IPerkWVU - free resources such as this forum along with services like trailsoffroad.com, I can’t imagine they’re giving me anything I don’t already have access to (and I find them mostly repulsive).

Maybe contribute here for the supporting member upgrade!

Okay, so granted I can't stand Litebright (which means I'm a bit biased), I just don't see the value in this.

The entrepreneur in me gives them credit for creating a new revenue stream, but the skeptic in me just doesn't see the value.

Thanks for the shout out! (y)

Reactions: Rick Flair
Yeah I doubt there is anything there that you couldn't find out by asking around on the forum; or by talking to people you meet on trails (especially at organized rides)

However, you have to to respect the hustle; and the fact that its hard to find good quality videos of trails.

Similar to @IPerkWVU - free resources such as this forum along with services like trailsoffroad.com, I can’t imagine they’re giving me anything I don’t already have access to (and I find them mostly repulsive).

Done

You have all had about the same opinion as myself. I can’t believe there would be anything that I can’t get for free or don’t already know.

I still get emails from them as a non paying member, they’ve currently got a very expensive factor 55 package available if anybody is interested :ROFLMAO:

You have all had about the same opinion as myself. I can’t believe there would be anything that I can’t get for free or don’t already know.

I still get emails from them as a non paying member, they’ve currently got a very expensive factor 55 package available if anybody is interested :ROFLMAO:

My spam filter must be catching these, I put in an email alias and still haven’t seen anything.

For anyone with a google email (and some other providers) you can add a `+anything` to the user portion and use that however you want (filtering is my big one along with tracking who sells my info):

`[email protected]`

My spam filter must be catching these, I put in an email alias and still haven’t seen anything.

For anyone with a google email (and some other providers) you can add a `+anything` to the user portion and use that however you want (filtering is my big one along with tracking who sells my info):

`[email protected]`
I’ve only got a couple emails from overland, off-road is the one pushing factor 55.

I have never once paid for a forum. However, I like and enjoy this one enough I will.

The others, not so much. And I grew up with Pirate and ARFCOM. Never felt the need or connection like I get here and it’s nice we have local and tons of knowledge here.

I have never once paid for a forum. However, I like and enjoy this one enough I will.

The others, not so much. And I grew up with Pirate and ARFCOM. Never felt the need or connection like I get here and it’s nice we have local and tons of knowledge here.

I never paid for one either. But when guys here saved me a trip to the Dealer by telling why my heater was not working properly, I thought ok it's only a few bucks one time and I just saved way more money than I would have going to the dealer.

Update: this week was the kickoff week for E3 Overland. I figured I’ve gotten value out of Trail Recons YouTube channel and as I’m using a lot of overlander concepts for a project I’m working on that it might be helpful so I joined as a founding member.

So far I’m impressed with their setup. Everything I’ve been doing has been focused on the courses which are setup by topic with maybe six different videos of Brad talking through the different aspects in highly produced videos.

There’s a progress bar and you mark each step completed as you progress.

I’d like to see them go into more specifics such as product reviews but they aren’t there yet.

I’m hoping that the discounts will help offset the cost of joining. I have received a personal code for a vendor I have rarely used for a discount up to 20% and they also sent me a $25 gift card for them too so yesterday I placed an order for stuff I had no intention of buying.

In addition to the overland courses I see there are some for their Offroad and Firearms sister sites.

So far I’m satisfied and looking forward to see if they can keep me interested enough to renew.

Reactions: TJ Starting
This forum has saved me money and time and I’m pretty excited about the 2021 Moab meet. I would recommend donating here all day long.

I really like TrailRecon and I’ve met Brad, he used to live around the corner from me, and he’s a genuine and authentic great guy. That said, I don’t really need advice on glamping, finding trails, and how to cook. I’ve been doing that for 40 years just fine.

I get a little concerned when you take these things to the corporate space, especially with the number of consultants in the team. Everyone needs to be paid for their time so the hunt for revenue becomes all encompassing sometimes at the risk of the initial goals.

What I find a little distasteful are the Affiliate programs (although these seem to be an acceptable American thing, we don't have them. here) where anyone can join up and share to their social feeds or email lists and receive up to 20% for the life of the member. It's a little bit too pyramid selling scheme to me. Like Avon or Tupperware, the signup is based on revenue and how you too can get a piece of the action.

The guys like Mighty Car Mods or the like have kept fairly true to the cause whilst scaling. Be interesting to see how the E3 thing goes, best of luck to them.

Be interesting to see how the E3 thing goes, best of luck to them.
And that's the thing. I'm in a position that I can take the risk and go in and see what it is. I'll be surprised if they can release enough content to get me to sign up after another year so they will have to to work in order for me to reup. I'm willing to give Brad a shot.

The way I grew up was more camping than most "campers" ever do, Lots of nights on a sand bar catching and eating catfish. It's not like I can't figure it out but I don't know what I don't know.

I’ve made it know I don’t really get into his videos. It’s a personal thing for me, has nothing to do with Brad. He looks just like a guy I have a fight on sight thing for. 🤷‍♂️It’s honestly stupid and juvenile, but that’s the jest of it. 🤷‍♂️I know, dumb but I can’t stand to look at him and it’s honestly not fair to to most likely a guy I’d hang with.

That out of the way, I respect what he is doing and I did watch his last video of him selling E3 and what the founders get and what to expect. It’s cool, it’s nice to bring people together and the overland thing is funny to me. I’ve been doing it for 30 years and never knew the thing had a name until now.

Sadly, we own a “overland” rig and even have a RTT! Lol. But it’s cool to get people outdoors, cool they are partnered with good companies and I love tying in firearms too. 👍

I don’t know if I would pay for it, but don’t hate the game either!

Reactions: Apparition
I think there is a level of value in these forum memberships. If it's a few bucks to keep the lights on as Chris has mentioned then hell yea, it's more than worth the information i've personally absorbed on here, the troubleshooting, fixing things, and most importantly the things you shouldn't do. I've done the same on the F150 forum i'm on. But sites that don't give you shit unless you join.. pffffttt no thanks. I get a bad vibe from the get go.