Anybody up for a random meme dump?

farmers-cow-tiger-king-photoshoot-internet.jpg

What about all these GM cars that turn on the reverse lights when you open the doors?

Didn't know there was such a thing... But it does amaze me the number of people that walk right behind you as you're backing up (Already moving) and give you the stink eye if you don't stop.

Didn't know there was such a thing... But it does amaze me the number of people that walk right behind you as you're backing up (Already moving) and give you the stink eye if you don't stop.

Guess it’s the unlock function, it’s dumb

“It’s something we’ve noticed for some time, but Roadshow tackled the subject on Thursday: why do the reverse lights emit when an owner locks or unlocks a General Motors vehicle?

The feature can be quite infuriating for other drivers perusing parking lots looking for a space, only to realize no one is even inside the GM car. The lights can stay on for up to two minutes.

GM’s reason behind the feature is to illuminate the surrounding area for drivers to avoid various things on the ground, be it a spill, puddles, holes, you name it. And GM isn’t breaking any federal laws by doing so.”

Guess it’s the unlock function, it’s dumb

“It’s something we’ve noticed for some time, but Roadshow tackled the subject on Thursday: why do the reverse lights emit when an owner locks or unlocks a General Motors vehicle?

The feature can be quite infuriating for other drivers perusing parking lots looking for a space, only to realize no one is even inside the GM car. The lights can stay on for up to two minutes.

GM’s reason behind the feature is to illuminate the surrounding area for drivers to avoid various things on the ground, be it a spill, puddles, holes, you name it. And GM isn’t breaking any federal laws by doing so.”

I thought it was pretty obvious they used them to light up the area around the vehicle when the owner approaches it. It's the same reason they started doing it with headlights, under mirror lights, and interior lighting. It's a safety feature. Just imagine if they put rock lights on a vehicle from the factory... You can bet they'd get turned on too...

I thought it was pretty obvious they used them to light up the area around the vehicle when the owner approaches it. It's the same reason they started doing it with headlights, under mirror lights, and interior lighting. It's a safety feature. Just imagine if they put rock lights on a vehicle from the factory... You can bet they'd get turned on too...

I know it’s for lighting stuff up but it’s not obvious that someone isn’t backing up.

Reactions: Mrs.Apparition