Anybody up for a random meme dump?

They stay on when remote started too though....lol

FUCK now I'll sound like @Zorba and bitch about technology and shit...

Situational awareness......

Backup lights, no brake lights, and no movement...... pretty sure it's not in reverse especially if no one is in it.

Yep...
But who has that anymore? Everyone is too busy looking at their phone.

Situational awareness......

Backup lights, no brake lights, and no movement...... pretty sure it's not in reverse especially if no one is in it.

Lots of times someone is in it with their foot on the brake for whatever reason.

I’m one of those people that likes to stop and let people back out when I see reverse lights. I’ve had to change my habits and ignore them.

Yep...
But who has that anymore? Everyone is too busy looking at their phone.

I had to take a defensive driving course when I worked for Washington Energy Services out of Seattle. That class has stuck in my brain ever since. Every once in a while I'll find myself thinking, "green safe to go, yellow safe to stop, or yellow not safe to stop", when coming up to a traffic light that has been green longer than I have been able to see it. Sounds corny but that class, just like a LOT of 2A training classes, teaches you to observe everything and form a plan as things change around you.

Edit:
Red = Stop
Green = Go
Yellow = Go VERY fast!

Last edited:
Reactions: B252 and Wildman
Lots of times someone is in it with their foot on the brake for whatever reason.

I’m one of those people that likes to stop and let people back out when I see reverse lights. I’ve had to change my habits and ignore them.

Be aggressive, B-E Aggressive!!!

200.gif

• USA Proud
Reactions: B252 and Apparition
I had to take a defensive driving course when I worked for Washington Energy Services out of Seattle. That class has stuck in my brain ever since. Every once in a while I'll find myself silently thinking to myself "green safe to go, yellow safe to stop, or yellow not safe to stop", when coming up to a traffic light that has been green longer than I have been able to see it. Sounds corny but that class, just like a LOT of 2A training classes, teaches you to observe everything and form a plan as things change around you.

Yep,
There's tons of shit that floats around in my empty skull that pops up at weird times. I've tried to drill situational awareness ideal into my daughter's head but she doesn't get it yet. I'm hoping she will at some point.

Reactions: reddvltj
I may have told this story before, but my late father had an '08 Buick that I'd drive to work on occasion when he was living with us during his final illness. It had the remote start feature. One day, I was on my way to the car to leave, I hit the remote start when I knew I was more-or-less over the top of it (downstairs garage, upstairs office space), THEN as I approached the door to the garage, I hit the unlock button which would turn on the backup lites. I was met at the door by a rather panicked co-worker, "Is that your car? It just started up by itself and shifted into reverse!"

I just shrugged and said "Not my car..." because, technically, it wasn't!