Anybody using the Viair 300p?

Rob5589

Certified video trained differential rebuilder
Supporting Member
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X90YUO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Looking at this comp for airing up after wheeling. Gave a look at the 88 but the 300 has better output and comes with inflator/deflator with pressure gauge for about 50 bucks more. I may hard mount it under the hood to keep it out of the way until needed. I will be airing up 31's so no issue there, tire inflation only, no air activated devices.

Thanks!

ETA: So I went ahead and bought it. Amazon had a coupon and the price had gone down a few bucks so I jumped for 110 shipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
FYI- I bought the 400P kit for 31's and it works great. We'll built, convenient bag. I also use the 4 airdown valves. Pain to set we you get them but worked great. I was aired down twice as fast and accurate.

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Thanks Lee. I looked at the 400 too but the extra money for 25 secs less fill time, I didn't think it was worth it for me. Did you hard mount yours or leave it in the bag?

Reactions: Rob5589
I also went with the 400p.

I bought it slightly used 3 years ago and it's been great. I agree with not having to go back to shut off compressor to ck. air pressure.

Thanks Lee. I looked at the 400 too but the extra money for 25 secs less fill time, I didn't think it was worth it for me. Did you hard mount yours or leave it in the bag?
I keep it in the bag as I have other uses for it.

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Reactions: Rob5589
Alright, here it is. It is a beefy little sucker, very solid, and far quieter than I imagined. I assumed loud and obnoxious like the cheap tire inflators you'll find at local stores but that was not the case. The hose feels quality and has a nice coupler with rubber cover. Also comes with a nice bag to stow everything.
I run a 31x10.50 on my TJ and will be filling those primarily. I used the deflator to bring the tires down from 30 to 16 lbs. I stopped at 16 because the gauge reads in 2 lb increments so it was easier to read. I didn't start the Jeep although I believe it is recommended when using the comp for longer periods of time. Total time from 16 back to 30 lbs was 1 min 20 seconds. Pretty quick IMO. So roughly 5 mins to fill all of 4 tires, not bad.
I can see the validity of the auto shut off models as I did stop the comp once to check the pressure (also stopped the clock). But as often as I will likely be using it, I cannot see an issue.
iU1kUwgIeJXdkCMpDzO44_7_DqrRVdnqx89wSn1pYWPi_AORPn4nVd_P0spTtmGMpsBntfdTsyFxdvpdzm=w1135-h638-no.jpg

Reactions: Serbonze and LeePTI
Looks like every bit the hi quality unit as my 400. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Question: What's with the pipe fitting screwed into the flange on the apron of your bench? I'm always curious about other people's shops.

Looks like every bit the hi quality unit as my 400. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Question: What's with the pipe fitting screwed into the flange on the apron of your bench? I'm always curious about other people's shops.
It is to hold my bow during tuning. I have a hand winch on the other end so I can hold the bow at full draw and check cam lean, timing, etc.

Reactions: JMT
I use the 88. I love it. I'm sure the 300 and 400 are better, but the 88 does everything I need it to do and will accommodate up to 33's at a $60 price point. Viair makes a good product plain and simple.

Reactions: StG58
I was going to invest in some ARB deflators, but I started airing down with a key or the pin from my sway bar links or both if the kids are involved. We set the timer for 1 min 15 seconds and go. They all sit about 12-13psi after that. This is so fast with all of us involved, I'm not sure it can be beat. So I don't need deflators IMHO.

As for the Viair 88P. I just need something to get me back on the road. It's pretty quick, <10 minutes.

Reactions: StG58 and BendLarry
I use the 88P as well. Works great for my 31x10.50's. Runs a set of four up to 27-27 lbs with no issues from 8 lbs.

I got the 88p too. I been using it pretty often since 2014 and its been great. The fins get hot though. I do wish the power cables were a bit longer.

I have used it a few times now and can give it two thumbs up. Much more convenient to air up the kids bike tires or a low tire on one of our vehicles than firing up my large garage compressor.

Last trip out I aired down to about 12 psi and it took about 5 mins to air em back up.

I have used it a few times now and can give it two thumbs up. Much more convenient to air up the kids bike tires or a low tire on one of our vehicles than firing up my large garage compressor.

Last trip out I aired down to about 12 psi and it took about 5 mins to air em back up.
The Viairs are just great little compressors for the price. It's nice to bust out the tool bag and put air into something. Like @Ahoragi says, the cooling fins get a little warm at times, but we are compressing air so that's to be expected.