Anybody want Rancho 3" springs for dirt cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still sitting at 4" front and rear. I haven't driven the Jeep yet but I doubt they will settle in much lower. I was looking for at least 3.5 inches so they have worked well for me.
What other mods do you have?
im getting notice from the rear end that I didn’t have previously. It sounds like a “tink”, like someone is hitting a xylophone when the rear wheel turns every few rotations

I just finished installing Savvy arms, AntiRock and an SYE/Driveshaft. I had previously installed a 1" BL and MML and an a .75" raised transfer case skid . With my previous 2.5" lift and raised skid I was running the stock arms and driveshaft. I had no vibrations but the MML may have been factor in that. Otherwise my mods that effect weight would be:
JCR sliders (110lbs),
Bestop rear bumper (45lbs)
Morryde tire carrier (46lbs)
Warn m8000 winch (65lbs)
Cut stock front bumper (9lbs)
Savvy engine skid (15lbs)
Last time I pulled on to a truck scale I was right about 4200lbs. I replaced my Warn rear bumper and tire carrier but didn't save any weight. I removed my Garvin front bumper and saved about 40Lbs. With the control arms I figure I am right about the same weight, maybe a couple pounds lighter.
im getting notice from the rear end that I didn’t have previously. It sounds like a “tink”, like someone is hitting a xylophone when the rear wheel turns every few rotations
That's strange that it is a rotational noise but doesn't happen each time. Probably best to get it on jack stands in gear and see if you can narrow it down. Wish I was more help on that one.

Reactions: BlueChip
Do you have disc brakes on the rear. I ask simply because I do and the parking brake shoes delaminated on one side and caused a ping noise every so often. I ordered new shoes from Blaine. No more noise.

Reactions: BlueChip and 06lj
The reason I don't want them has nothing to do with how stiff or not stiff they will ride. You're correct in saying ride is controlled by your shocks. I'm more focused on ride height and what these springs will get me. I'm looking for 3" of lift. These springs have an appropriate free length for a 3" spring. However, since they provide 4" of lift, there are better options out there.
What about cutting the spring down a little bit like you mentioned in a previous post, would that be a good idea? I do not care too much about the articulation I could get, and it seems better to buy these and cut them if they're too long for my liking than buying 3" springs for more money

What about cutting the spring down a little bit like you mentioned in a previous post, would that be a good idea? I do not care too much about the articulation I could get, and it seems better to buy these and cut them if they're too long for my liking than buying 3" springs for more money
Looking at the spring design, there really isn't a place to cut them down. The rears have smaller coil, top and bottom. The fronts are progressive at the top and the bottom has a smaller coil to nest in the mount, same as the rear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheetokps
Agreed. It’s was a 100$ risk. Didn’t pan out. I’ll sell them on marketplace or such and recoup some. Unless summit will take returns.

Chris

It's a shame about these, they looked great. I think I might end up going with the zone 4.25" combo lift instead, with some other mixed parts thrown in. Not sure if I'll use the body lift and motor mount lift at first though, I guess it depends if I get driveshaft vibrations as I would prefer not to have to do an sye

Just an update, I stumbled across this thread and pulled the trigger. I haven't done the fronts yet since I'm waiting for a break in the weather, but my rear gave me 4" from these with a 33" spare and no rear seat. Ill hopefully be doing the fronts tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it goes.

33/12.50/15 KM3 on a 15x8
(BTW I have a Savvy 1.25" BL)
IMG_0751.jpg

Just an update, I stumbled across this thread and pulled the trigger. I haven't done the fronts yet since I'm waiting for a break in the weather, but my rear gave me 4" from these with a 33" spare and no rear seat. Ill hopefully be doing the fronts tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it goes.

33/12.50/15 KM3 on a 15x8
(BTW I have a Savvy 1.25" BL)
View attachment 233423
tempImage6C0b9k.png

I've got a similar amount of room, makes me want 35's lol

Reactions: D M
I'm curious if anyone here has any more experience with these coils that they'd like to share. I've had these in the box for most of a year. I'm thinking about running them. Is there any long term report we can get??

I had mine installed since February. They settled in at 3.75" of lift on my LJ. I recently flat towed it from Oregon to Arizona loaded with gear without issue. They seemed to hold the extra weight without any severe squating. So far I have no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.