Anybody Wheelin' This Weekend?

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I am going to explore the Apache Trail this weekend. Apache trail sounds impressive I know, but it is really not much of a wheelin trip as a scouting trip for camping and fishing spots. It passes two lakes and a stream. We are planning on stopping at Tortilla Flats for Lunch and Goldfield Ghost Town. I will post up some pics of the day. Hopefully of maybe some fish. I am taking the wifee; will be a patience tester as she doesn't have her fishing license. Silly right?

Looking forward to hearing your stories!

Well I went and did the whole Apache Trail this weekend. It was pretty amazing. I will post up some pictures once I have time to get them up. Found a cool resort in the middle of the trail.

Apache Trail:
IMG_0175.jpg

I think he got caught trying to steal a Jeep:
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG-0200.JPG

I didn't catch any fish but I only fished for about 20 minutes. I had a lot of ground to cover. We haven't had any real rain here since last summer so our lakes are low and our creeks are dried up. You would think a low lake would net some fish but I think the go to the middle and deep when it gets low. Nobody was really having any luck, but that isn't going to stop me. I am planning to go back out on Saturday but only to fish this time, and listen to some good classic rock music.

Reactions: JMT