Anybody with a Magnum swap have A/C?

Notime2d8

So I did a Magnum swap on my 2000 TJ, rear disc brakes, electric fans, fixed some things, and then lost interest/got busy.

Now I'm back working on it and I (my wife) want A/C . The main issue is the accumulator/drier, I have no where to fit it. It won't fit in the stock location due to the engine being mounted forward some and hugger headers.

The only solutions I can think of is finding a condenser with a drier attached to the side. I could use the stock location if I had a half the size of a stock drier.

Or I found a Dodge ram drier that has a extended line that fits the Tj evaporator and would put the drier behind the passenger headlight. For this I would just need to make a mount, bend the low pressure line, and get a 90 or straight fitting for the high pressure line going to the top condenser port. But I've only been able to find the #8 spring lock fittings I can't find fittings for the condenser or what size/type it is.

Or or, if anyone know of a mobile or custom AC shop in Alabama let me know.

There are many who have done the Dodge magnum V-8 swap that kept the A/C and got it to work. Yes the accumulator/drier has to be moved. If I remember correctly a custom unit was used.

If you look thru this thread you can find the information but I can't tell you which page it is talked about on.

https://tinyurl.com/n8cdjeh7

Thanks I didn't see it the first time i read through that thread when i was doing my swap.
I found the info on page 161 and post numbers 2402 through 3012 I can't see the pics though. But one person was able to squeeze it in next to the battery tray close to the stock location. I also found this video below for someone who did a LS swap. I going to see if I can do one of these.

Reactions: Wildman