Anyone an AAA member?

My wife with Matt last year.

7DB0EB0B-5082-4E6F-AE21-29A126086DF8.jpeg

I was towed out of the woods on a FS road on the Eastside of Mt. Adams a few years ago. 90 miles. I had cell service and the driver just put my location in his GPS. Took 3 hrs to get to me but that's better than the hike I would of had.

So it sounds like maybe it just depends on who is available to take the call.

I used to have it growing up and haven’t in my adult hood. However owning the Jeep and my wife’s car having over 80k now, I keep thinking about picking it up again and plan to this month

I've been binging his videos lately. A ton of fun, he's super respectful of everyone he pulls out and watching some of the stuff his jeep does is pretty impressive.
It's an impressive rig. I haven't seen too many XJs on tons. He seems like a great guy.

Long time premium member. The value of membership has FAR exceeded the cost of membership. Plus, there are lots of benefits besides towing, check out their website for everything else you get.

My gf has always had it. She added me on for Christmas one year and I’ve used it twice since. Well worth it.

Also get discounts on amusement park tickets, hotel rooms and rental cars.

Reactions: Hopper
Anyone a member. I was thinking of becoming one for my wife and myself. Just paid a $200 45 mile tow. The plus membership has roadside and 3 100 mile tows.
Been a member since 1974. Worth every penny. The biggest advantage is when travelling and not having a clue who to trust. One call and they find and send someone.

Plus Auto Clubs offer great deals on Travel Insurance. When I leave Canada, being a Senior, Health Care expenses can be astronomical. With BCAA all inclusive International Travel Insurance is $35 a day for me.

Since they partner with gas companies some years my BCAA membership is 75% off due to points from buying gas at Husky Stations.

Reactions: Hopper
What I want to know is will AAA actually come and tow you from a remote area. Let's say 100 miles away from your home off some forest service path that isn't going to accept just any old tow truck?
Yes, we do it all the time. Your AAA won't cover the "off highway" portion but the drive to the trail head and home will be covered. We charge $75 an hour off highway. Highway includes forestry service roads, but not logging roads etc.

If you have a trailer, get the RV Plus which will include towing your trailer.

Reactions: Chris and Hopper
What I want to know is will AAA actually come and tow you from a remote area. Let's say 100 miles away from your home off some forest service path that isn't going to accept just any old tow truck?
As a jeeper I think you have to be willing to spend some coin if things go wrong.

Reactions: Chris and Hopper
Have a AAA w my family. Towed my Jeep home when I had issues with my fuel pump & short.

I also have Geico, which provides roadside and towing with my plan @$5 a month.

It's amazing to read how many people get such value out of it. I guess the math is different for everybody. With $150 roadside from my insurance company and the tow limits on AAA the gap which it would be helpful for towing is pretty small for me. I'd have spent well over a thousand on membership at this point, don't mind having that in my pocket instead of the magazine.

So it sounds like maybe it just depends on who is available to take the call.
I had a flatbed tow truck driver contracted to AAA refuse to drive down 7 miles of washboard gravel road. Claimed it would be too hard on his equipment. Total bullshit. But I had already contacted a buddy to come tow my boat so he ended up dragging the truck to where the tow driver would load me then he went back for the boat.

Reactions: Chris
It's amazing to read how many people get such value out of it. I guess the math is different for everybody. With $150 roadside from my insurance company and the tow limits on AAA the gap which it would be helpful for towing is pretty small for me. I'd have spent well over a thousand on membership at this point, don't mind having that in my pocket instead of the magazine.
I’ve not paid a dime so that helps me

Reactions: pagrey