Anyone carry any weird gear in their Jeep?

@tworley... have you ever put full doors on with that set up in cold weather? If so was it pretty comfortable with the heater on?
I ran around in the 04 I had here in Central Idaho year round with the header style Safari Top full doors and a custom rear deck cover, no windjammer though. In the dead of winter I had to wear a heavy jacket but that was it.

Reactions: lowranger
I carry a bottle I made with fresh water to clean my hands.

I carry a 2.5 gallon bottle used for weed killing, but I removed the wand, and replaced it with a sink hose nozzle you know where you squeeze the handle to clean dishes with?

It holds 2.5 gallons of water, and you pump it up for pressure. It is just nice to have clean water with you on the trail sometimes. I also use it in my tent trailer to clean dishes. Fill it with hot water, and you can take a shower with it.

An emergency "get home bag" in each vehicle. It is a small over the shoulder pack with misc supplies to include: first aid, space blanket, fire making supplies, water, water filter, energy bars, lights, batteries, dust masks, spare socks, money, silver, spare ammo, knife and leatherman.

You never know where you might be when the shit hits the fan and you will need to make it to home base under adverse conditions. I would rather be in my jeep than any other vehicle in a SHTF emergency so that roads are not the only option.

I carry a bottle I made with fresh water to clean my hands.

I carry a 2.5 gallon bottle used for weed killing, but I removed the wand, and replaced it with a sink hose nozzle you know where you squeeze the handle to clean dishes with?

It holds 2.5 gallons of water, and you pump it up for pressure. It is just nice to have clean water with you on the trail sometimes. I also use it in my tent trailer to clean dishes. Fill it with hot water, and you can take a shower with it.

Here is a picture:

IMG-2047.JPG

My front license plate that I keep under the rear seat. Out of the 5 different license plates my Jeep has had in its lifetime, never has there been one on the front bumper since after the first year.

I store a good portion if my trail gear and supplies in a WW2 era foot locker trunk. Makes the rear of my already cramped 2 door a bit more manageable and doubles as a seat/table/platform when taken out. Still working on a way to mount it down to the floor though.

Example pic attached, though mine has a name stamped on top and we've lost the key to the lock...
250920844841.jpg

Reactions: mushdogs
I almost bought a harbor freight box the other day with plans to do this same thing

It took awhile to find one that would fit the way I wanted it to. Plenty of plastic ones but I wanted something a little nicer. Once I starting digging into the trailer tongue boxes I started finding stuff. It's a tight fit but I still can use the cup holders and the seats are in a comfortable position. I didn't have to move them out of there normal spot and I still have enough room to slide stuff behind it. I love the thing though, adds a bunch of water tight, lockable storage and its only 8 bolts to get it out to reinstall the back seats.

I store a good portion if my trail gear and supplies in a WW2 era foot locker trunk. Makes the rear of my already cramped 2 door a bit more manageable and doubles as a seat/table/platform when taken out. Still working on a way to mount it down to the floor though.

Example pic attached, though mine has a name stamped on top and we've lost the key to the lock...View attachment 119283
An old trunk, awesome idea, we must have 10.

Reactions: Trevair
Not in my Jeep but, in my old FJ-40, I took the top off to move a refrigerator from one house to another.
And also took 2 full sized mannequins to an open area shooting range.
My shooting buddy is a black dude, so he painted his black and I painted mine yellow, my ethnic background.
This was in the 80's so drugs and alcohol were involved. We even invited the shooters around to take pot shots at it.
Oh the memories.

Ha, ha, another mannequin shooter.🤣🤣🤣 A friend of mine who worked in a clothing store got two full size mannequins at my request for my shooting range. He had them in the back of his car and one night rolled his car under the influence. The responding officer asked if anyone else was in the vehicle to which my buddy replied 'no'. The officer almost shit himself when he examined the car and saw the pale white hand of a mannequin sticking out of the rear window. True story.

Reactions: alittleoff