Anyone else have Spring allergies?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I've had allergies in the Spring for most of my adult life (started when I was about 22).

I get the typical itchy throat, sneezing, and itchy / watery eyes. Some seasons are worse than others, but the one constant is that they start in mid-Spring and end once Summer starts.

This year has been worse than any I can remember in a long time. My friggin' eyes are driving me nuts itching. I use allergy eye drops and they help some, but not unless I use them every few hours.

I've tried Zyrtec, Claritin, Nasacort, and every single over the counter pill or nasal spray you can try. None of it works very well, if any at all.

I even went so far as trying the local bee honey (I had heard it helps) and eating the honey in my oatmeal for a year straight, and still no relief.

I always try to explain to people how horrible it really is. I actually don't want to even leave the house during most of Spring.

Anyone else suffer like this?

I've had allergies in the Spring for most of my adult life (started when I was about 22).

I get the typical itchy throat, sneezing, and itchy / watery eyes. Some seasons are worse than others, but the one constant is that they start in mid-Spring and end once Summer starts.

This year has been worse than any I can remember in a long time. My friggin' eyes are driving me nuts itching. I use allergy eye drops and they help some, but not unless I use them every few hours.

I've tried Zyrtec, Claritin, Nasacort, and every single over the counter pill or nasal spray you can try. None of it works very well, if any at all.

I even went so far as trying the local bee honey (I had heard it helps) and eating the honey in my oatmeal for a year straight, and still no relief.

I always try to explain to people how horrible it really is. I actually don't want to even leave the house during most of Spring.

Hey you live in Valley, what do you expect? You could come over to Bend and get a break.

Hey you live in Valley, what do you expect? You could come over to Bend and get a break.

It was worse in Bend, oh man was it worse! It was also present when I lived in Arizona during the Spring as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill M.
Grass pollen counts in the Willamette Valley are as high as you'll find anywhere and a serious annoyance this time of year.

On the positive side, Ragweed isn't a problem here.

I'm not sure what it is I'm allergic too, but I suspect it's the grass pollens as you guys mentioned. My mom said that's what she's allergic too, so I wouldn't doubt it.

I'm not sure what it is I'm allergic too, but I suspect it's the grass pollens as you guys mentioned. My mom said that's what she's allergic too, so I wouldn't doubt it.
Did you find any relief?

I have Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (Worst kind of Asthma). From April to September all I do is cough and puff on my inhalers. I'm on 8 different meds a day as well as 4 inhalers. I hate this time of season. I was diagnosed with this disease two years ago when I took an aspirin for a headache and woke up four days later from an induced coma on a ventilator. It's been a struggle and I still don't sleep very well since they used Ketamine on me to induce the coma. Anyways if I could I'd move to Arizona or Nevada if I could find a decent paying job in my field of I.T. work, but the wife doesn't want to move out west unfortunately.

I use to have the same problem every spring, miserable for weeks! Honey helped some, but I found that most honey bottlers, heat and filter their honey, essentially removing all the good stuff. Find honey that has not been filtered or heated (pasteurized on some bottles). You won't be able to see through it, works much better than the store bought junk.

Of course it wont work now that you already have the funk. Anyway,,, works for me, I no longer have any allergy symptoms at all during pollen season, except when I mow the grass and gone the next day.

This is the worst season I can remember. No relief in sight in south eastern PA, approx. 40 miles from Philadelphia. I do a daily nasal flush, snort Nasacort daily and still suffer.

I didn't have any issues until I moved and came home after the military. Progressively has gotten worse over the years. From April until first hard freeze. My wife was worse off than me. Last year, we stopped all processed foods, got a away from sugar and started eating mostly Keto (dirty keto) and lots of veggies. We very rarely take any meds now and our blood work is like we are kids again. We are in our early 50's. Look at your diet. I would have never believed it had I not done it myself. It was tough at first, but after 18m of it, you know what you can eat and not eat and be ok. We still eat out but we are very selective about what we eat. I hope you find relief my friend.

This is the worst season I can remember. No relief in sight in south eastern PA, approx. 40 miles from Philadelphia. I do a daily nasal flush, snort Nasacort daily and still suffer.
I live in the same area and I usually have terrible spring pollen allergies. This year I started taking Zyrtec mid March everyday to build it up in my system for the season. Then I also usually use combination of flonase and eye drops for the really bad days. I also felt it helped to sleep with an air purifier during the heavy pollen days. I haven’t been taking anything lately and I’ve been good. And that’s with driving the TJ with the top off👍🏽

Never had allergies until I turned 24. Alfalfa now just knocks me on my ass if I am around it.

Reactions: Chris
I'm a member at the SLCFSA.
I just bought the TJ last November, Have not been off road (yet). Don't know anywhere near us, want to go up to AOAA though.

Did you find any relief?

I did... Summer :ROFLMAO:

Spring is gone now, as are my allergies.

I use to have the same problem every spring, miserable for weeks! Honey helped some, but I found that most honey bottlers, heat and filter their honey, essentially removing all the good stuff. Find honey that has not been filtered or heated (pasteurized on some bottles). You won't be able to see through it, works much better than the store bought junk.
View attachment 101431

Of course it wont work now that you already have the funk. Anyway,,, works for me, I no longer have any allergy symptoms at all during pollen season, except when I mow the grass and gone the next day.

I consumed more local raw honey than anyone has a right too. Unfortunately it didn't do a damn thing for me :(

Never had allergies until I turned 24. Alfalfa now just knocks me on my ass if I am around it.

That's about when it happened for me, around 24. Before that, I didn't have them at all.

I have Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (Worst kind of Asthma). From April to September all I do is cough and puff on my inhalers. I'm on 8 different meds a day as well as 4 inhalers. I hate this time of season. I was diagnosed with this disease two years ago when I took an aspirin for a headache and woke up four days later from an induced coma on a ventilator. It's been a struggle and I still don't sleep very well since they used Ketamine on me to induce the coma. Anyways if I could I'd move to Arizona or Nevada if I could find a decent paying job in my field of I.T. work, but the wife doesn't want to move out west unfortunately.

The odd thing for me is that even when I lived in Arizona (Scottsdale area), I still had allergies in the Spring! I thought I wouldn't, but sure enough, I did.

I grew up in Alberta, hay fever central but had no allergies. We moved to the North West Territories, the definition of clean air and pure water. When I go back to Alberta, for 2-3 days I get completely congested. We live in BC now, pretty much the same air as OR, WA, ID and the NWT. But if we travel thru any farming country, same thing, the nostrils start to plug up. No sneezing but breath thru the mouth for a few days.

It seems to be a 3 season thing. Winter snows keep the dust down.

Reactions: Chris