Anyone ever call Bestop and get them to do a special order?

dogfoodboy

TJ Enthusiast
Getting ready to buy one as soon as a sale or rebate gets going. I really want the Twill fabric, but it seems unavailable. Anyone ever call bestop and get them to do a special order?

I'm open to a used one in great shape - im in Reno, NV

I doubt they would. Some people, including myself, have contacted them about producing a khaki soft top if we could get a confirmed certain amount of buyers. They always replied with no.

I called them and ordered a replacement top minus the windows. I had just purchased a complete top and six months later had a tree branch punch a hole through the top on a trail. The windows were great so all I wanted was the top. They were happy to help.

Never hurts to call them, but I doubt it. Many of their products are on back order. I ordered some windows, canceled the order after it was delayed 4 times.

I ordered a replacement window from them. Took 2 months. When it finally arrived, it was the wrong texture, and zipper was wrong. I won't go into details of how long it took to get that sorted out, but it went on for about 8 months.

Thanks for the answers...I think it's like the khaki...no longer offered. I'll just move on to trying to find a deal on the one available before they decide to stop making LJ tops

Thanks for the answers...I think it's like the khaki...no longer offered. I'll just move on to trying to find a deal on the one available before they decide to stop making LJ tops

I called to try and get them to do a custom made LJ Black Twill soft top… NOPE. I said they use the material for the shorter Jeep, wouldn’t it be easy to custom order a LJ replace a top, just feed in a different material. They were not interested, they also indicated they’ll likely never make one either :-/. This was 2016 and 2022. So I guess I’ll be buying another baggy Bestop (my 2016 unit is baggy as a pair of Jincos Jeans).

ORRRRR ……….

Master top says a “Master Twill” top for the LJ in their cards, but they’re swamped with work it would be a year out.

So I am going run my Bestop NX top till then … it’s in perfect shape but so loose it unhooks itself and the header bar lifts itself enough to let air come in on the highway. When parked it still seals water out but it’s LOUD and annoying with all the banging around on the highway.

I’ve had a ton of Jeeps, YJ, TJ, LJ, JK, JL, JT and none of the factory tops ever felt this loose, even tired old sun faded tops died tighter than this. So I’m not a Jeep noob not used to Jeeps.

If anyone is keeping a list of people wanting an LJ Khaki top, put me down. My original top is beginning to let the stars shine through at night. Will be in SoCal shortly so will live with the top till it shreds as I'll only need sun protection.

If anyone is keeping a list of people wanting an LJ Khaki top, put me down. My original top is beginning to let the stars shine through at night. Will be in SoCal shortly so will live with the top till it shreds as I'll only need sun protection.

I’ve contacted them twice asking if they would produce a batch of khaki tops if a certain number of orders would be confirmed. Got the same results as @Ericshere03 both times.

Yep, ouchies … but I believe this material will outlast the “sail cloth” 4 to 1 And perform better in between.

I’ll probably wait till spring when they run a sale and get a few hundred bucks off …

I'd cut a hole in my cab cover before I would spend that much on a soft top. ;)
Trail cover.jpg

I paid $1800 for the Twill Trektop NX on our ‘03.
1- I had just sold the hardtop that we never used for $1500, so it was only $300 out of pocket.
2- My last cell phone cost $1300, so another $500 to keep the wind, rain, & sun off of us while in the Jeep didn’t seem so bad.

I paid $1800 for the Twill Trektop NX on our ‘03.
1- I had just sold the hardtop that we never used for $1500, so it was only $300 out of pocket.
2- My last cell phone cost $1300, so another $500 to keep the wind, rain, & sun off of us while in the Jeep didn’t seem so bad.

Whoa. For $1800 I think I’d buy two Rampage sailcloth fastbacks, and then send the remaining $1000 to Boogie as a down payment for him to not show up at my house one day, hit me over the head, and take my Jeep.

🙂

Seriously though - how do you like the twill NX? Is it that much better than the sailcloth?

Whoa. For $1800 I think I’d buy two Rampage sailcloth fastbacks, and then send the remaining $1000 to Boogie as a down payment for him to not show up at my house one day, hit me over the head, and take my Jeep.

🙂

Seriously though - how do you like the twill NX? Is it that much better than the sailcloth?

To me the fastback soft top = Angry face grill ... but that's just me.

I am such a twill fan I was considering the master top fastback in twill and their "ultimate summer combo" ... My Bestop NX is only about 5 years old but as baggy as a pair of Lee Pipes from 1998 (anyone remember those???)