Virginia Anyone familiar with Peters Mill Run and Taskers Gap OHV System?

TheRock

Supporting Member
I have been to Peters Mill Run/Taskers Gap OHV System a few times. I used to take my RZR up there, but as a new Jeep owner, I was anxious to take the TJ offroad. The wife and I went and ran Peters Mill Run and got the badge. It was fun but very mild, and I wanted to go back and run Taskers Gap. We did as much yesterday, but when we came to a fork in the trail, I swore I saw a "V" with an arrow pointing me to the left. It changed from orange to pink, but I wasn't sure what this meant, and I assumed that the trail designation was just changing. The little map they give you when you purchase your trail permit isn't the most helpful thing.

After getting home and looking at the high res and color PDF version, I realized I got on Law Breaker, a trail designated as "ATV - Difficult." Whoops! My bad!

So anyway, it was a bit more challenging than just the dirt roads with a few rocks here and there, but my mostly stock TJ handled it with no problems! I have an inch BL and 32" tires... that's it. I got a couple pinstripes, but nothing that won't buff out. The trail was plenty wide, and at no point did I have that feeling that I didn't belong there. So I have been trying to find something that specifically states that I should not have been there.

I know it is designated as an ATV trail on the map, but I can't find anything that says 4x4 vehicles are prohibited. And not to split hairs, but nothing is designated as a dirt bike trail, but I know they are allowed. So what I am wondering is whether trail designation is just a suggestion? To be clear, I know there are specific trails with gates that if you don't fit through the gate, the trail isn't for you. None of these trails (on the Taskers Gap side) had these gates.

Sorry for the long-winded buildup, but I am looking to find out if anyone knows for sure where I am technically allowed on those trails or not with the Jeep. I apologize in advance if this is an ignorant newb question.