Anyone familiar with Tactical Recovery Equipment?

Some of us do appreciate that products you have your hand in are not designed by a marketing department. Or maybe it is time for a third gen thimble and you can incorporate a bottle opener into it. That is all the rage these days.
Nobody wants a glass bottle on the trail, it’s all about canning these days!

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
Or maybe it is time for a third gen thimble and you can incorporate a bottle opener into it. That is all the rage these days.
I'd settle for an Ultra Safety Thimble that is larger than the Factor55 Ultra hook with stuff like "winch line goes here→" and "soft shackle goes here→" laser etched on it.

I'd settle for an Ultra Safety Thimble that is larger than the Factor55 Ultra hook with stuff like "winch line goes here→" and "soft shackle goes here→" laser etched on it.

As long as the text is big enough to show up in my instagram pics.

Maybe call it the Ultra Safety Timble PRO so everyone knows that I'm basically a professional.

• USA Proud
  • Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and L J
Some of us do appreciate that products you have your hand in are not designed by a marketing department. Or maybe it is time for a third gen thimble and you can incorporate a bottle opener into it. That is all the rage these days.
I did go through and update it to be a lot more soft shackle friendly and until that ceases to be relevant, I don't see much else happening.

Reactions: Blackjack
Be that as it may, only a complete idiot would abuse something that could save them and or their rig from lots of damage and treat it with impunity to failure because they can afford it.
The market for substandard stuff like that is helped by the fact that everything attached to most Jeeps is just jewelry. Grown men and women playing very expensive dress up games.

• Haha
Reactions: RMETeeJay
What are your guys thoughts on this?
There's another thread on it, but the short is:

* Not going to protect your hands
* Not protecting the winch line any more than other options (that are also cheaper)
* The eyelet is stronger when slightly open, so it wrapping around something like a safety thimble is a good thing
* You'll be shortening your winch line a lot since the end will wear out in short order