Anyone familiar with Tactical Recovery Equipment?

I feel better about that. Thank you for your help. I have about a finger width of clearance once it’s completely spooled.

93C69EC3-72EE-42E2-9A01-B95F609C5385.jpeg

5235A427-6A5B-45DA-A38B-C993C9517EBF.jpeg

71F4A4BC-6B0D-4367-9C3B-581B170C923E.jpeg

Reactions: D M and Tob
this is what Warn recommends:
yikes that's a pain in the ass on flat ground.

I've been fortunate that I've usually had a reasonably long incline to winch up. My last house had a 170' driveway with a 20' elevation gain. Just let the Jeep idle and winch it up the hill while standing in front of it keeping an eye on the rope.

yikes that's a pain in the ass on flat ground.

I've been fortunate that I've usually had a reasonably long incline to winch up. My last house had a 170' driveway with a 20' elevation gain. Just let the Jeep idle and winch it up the hill while standing in front of it keeping an eye on the rope.
I agree but you have to figure that Warn had to be "safety conscious" when making this clip.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Dirt Lifestyle has something interesting, but a $260 fairlead is a tough pill to swallow.
Fucking stupid insane price for that which is nothing more than a conventional hawse with a little extra decoration on it. A normal aluminum hawse sells for $50 or under and even Blaine's design that at least does something useful, positioning the hook or Safety Thimble out of the way to improve the approach angle, only goes for $150.

Fini.jpg

Fucking stupid insane price for that which is nothing more than a conventional hawse with a little extra decoration on it. A normal aluminum hawse sells for $50 or under and even Blaine's design that at least does something useful, positioning the hook or Safety Thimble out of the way to improve the approach angle, only goes for $150.

View attachment 293801
Yeah, but they are made in Idaho, so I guess we can pay triple for it? Heck, even $150 would be a stretch, but I do like the simplicity of the concept and no metal projectiles to contend with.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Who needs winch rope? Just keep coupling bow shackles, hooks, and Super Ultra Expert Pro™ thingies into a long chain of connections until it reaches whatever you're trying to recover.

/s

Fuck them, they STOLE the design of the Safety Thimble from mrblaine and TRE. I wouldn't buy anything from them if my life depended on it.

I've seen references to this but don't know the details. Is there a real IP theft story here or did they just copy the main design feature and put a bigger marketing machine behind it?