Maryland Anyone from Eastern Maryland and where to wheel?

Southtowns27

I'm going to be down near Easton, MD for work for nearly the entire month of January. Just wondering if anyone is from this area and are there any local places to wheel? I'm driving the LJ so I'd like to get out and play around. I'll likely make the few hour trip to Rausch, AOAA, and/or Reading on a weekend or two if there's any interest there. LMK!

You can get a permit to drive on the beach at Assateague Island National Seashore. It's an undeveloped beach that allows 4x4 vehicles to drive down the coast to go fishing or have a beach day. They allow fires on the beach; just please don't burn anything with nails. It's a great place to observe wildlife, including the wild horses that roam Assateague and Chincoteague.

https://www.nps.gov/asis/planyourvisit/osv.htm

Ocean City is a neighboring barrier island that has been heavily developed and has a great developed beach, boardwalk, and numerous attractions. (No offroading there of course.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Southtowns27
You can get a permit to drive on the beach at Assateague Island National Seashore. It's an undeveloped beach that allows 4x4 vehicles to drive down the coast to go fishing or have a beach day. They allow fires on the beach; just please don't burn anything with nails. It's a great place to observe wildlife, including the wild horses that roam Assateague and Chincoteague.

https://www.nps.gov/asis/planyourvisit/osv.htm

Ocean City is a neighboring barrier island that has been heavily developed and has a great developed beach, boardwalk, and numerous attractions. (No offroading there of course.)

Sounds interesting... But how much is going on there in winter?

Sounds interesting... But how much is going on there in winter?

Had a great time cruising the beach there, lot of space to roam around and they have compressed air stations to refill after airing down. My only complaint was the cost of the permit, if I recall it was $75 just for a long weekend.

Was camping there in the fall of 16' and had one of the wild ponies scare the living shit out of me when it came up from behind in the pitch black and nudged me while resetting a tent stake.