California Anyone from SoCal willing to let me tag along as a passenger in their mid-arm built TJ on 35s?

Nucklenelson

Anyone from SoCal willing to let me tag along as a passenger in their mid arm built Tj on 35s street/offroad

I’m in the process of trying to map out my build and would just like to know what the savvy/Currie ride feels like.

I bought my jeep last year without knowing better. I saw a winch, lockers ,and fox shocks and was all in. Since then I’ve learned about travel, wheel base, pinion angles etc. and realized how much more I can get out of my shitty built Jeep. So just trying to see where to go from here. Thank you!

744C958D-F354-41AC-A133-06D220A8977C.jpeg

It's too bad you aren't local to Arizona because I'd give you a ride in my TJ that Blaine built. Mid-arm, outboard 12" travel shocks, etc. The full she-bang for the most part.

You won't have an issue though. There's tons of folks on here from SoCal with these builds (many of them built by Blaine). Just hang tight and within a few hours you'll have multiple people offering.

damn shame I was in Goodyear AZ last month visiting family. I have been a ghost member for a while now and just decided to join, should've asked sooner lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
damn shame I was in Goodyear AZ last month visiting family. I have been a ghost member for a while now and just decided to join, should've asked sooner lol

No worries at all! Glad you finally joined and learned all about travel, shocks, etc.

It goes to show that anyone can slap some parts on a TJ, but to get one to work well there's a lot more to it. I've learned that over the years myself.

No worries at all! Glad you finally joined and learned all about travel, shocks, etc.

It goes to show that anyone can slap some parts on a TJ, but to get one to work well there's a lot more to it. I've learned that over the years myself.
yeah there’s a lot of Micky mouse on mine that I have to go through and work on as the budget allows.

I’m planning to stick on to 33s till I wear them out and save for the 35 build(read your thread on running them). But I want more articulation from what I get from the stock control arms. But it’s like a domino effect lol. If I do the mid arm I have to outboard the shocks buy 12 inch shocks do the truss. The whole 9 yards.

For the meantime I have a 2” body lift I’m thinking of replacing with the savvy 1.25”, 1” motor mount lift, with the tummy tuck. Just don’t know if that’s going to cause some binding from the driveshaft since it’s already lifted so the tummy tuck might have to wait till I get the adjustable control arms and then a longer driveshaft. Too much to think about 🤯

yeah there’s a lot of Micky mouse on mine that I have to go through and work on as the budget allows.

I’m planning to stick on to 33s till I wear them out and save for the 35 build(read your thread on running them). But I want more articulation from what I get from the stock control arms. But it’s like a domino effect lol. If I do the mid arm I have to outboard the shocks buy 12 inch shocks do the truss. The whole 9 yards.

For the meantime I have a 2” body lift I’m thinking of replacing with the savvy 1.25”, 1” motor mount lift, with the tummy tuck. Just don’t know if that’s going to cause some binding from the driveshaft since it’s already lifted so the tummy tuck might have to wait till I get the adjustable control arms and then a longer driveshaft. Too much to think about 🤯

If you can save up and do it all at once, that helps a lot. It's very easy to put an enormous amount of money into these things. I've added mine up and I think if you were to count parts, labor, but not the cost of the vehicle, there's probably $70,000 into mine and that's still with the factory 4.0.

To start you on the right path, a 1.25" Savvy body lift paired with a 4" suspension lift is the way to go for 35s.

Then you really need to ride in @Nickgsjeep Jeep with short arms. It will surprise you.

If you can save up and do it all at once, that helps a lot. It's very easy to put an enormous amount of money into these things. I've added mine up and I think if you were to count parts, labor, but not the cost of the vehicle, there's probably $70,000 into mine and that's still with the factory 4.0.

To start you on the right path, a 1.25" Savvy body lift paired with a 4" suspension lift is the way to go for 35s.
Holy lol well as I say it’s my forever car so I don’t mind. I’m really trying to cut that in half with doing the labor myself and with a buddy we’ll see how well that works out though. Do you trailer your rig?

Holy lol well as I say it’s my forever car so I don’t mind. I’m really trying to cut that in half with doing the labor myself and with a buddy we’ll see how well that works out though. Do you trailer your rig?
You can tell mine doesn't have $70k into it. 😂

Reactions: Tony P

But I want more articulation from what I get from the stock control arms.
Wheel it and learn, that's the way to go. You aren't running stock control arms and that could be part of your problem. You don't need all at once, mid-arm is nice but short will get the job done. There's nothing wrong with wheeling what you got and I'm sure Nick would rather see your Jeep.

You can tell mine doesn't have $70k into it. 😂
Still a nice build man.I’ll be there one day.
Wheel it and learn, that's the way to go. You aren't running stock control arms and that could be part of your problem. You don't need all at once, mid-arm is nice but short will get the job done. There's nothing wrong with wheeling what you got and I'm sure Nick would rather see your Jeep.
Yup! I’ve been working with what I got. I just need to find a group to roll with. I usually go with my cousin but he doesn’t have lockers so he isn’t as daring to go do the harder trails than what we’ve already done.

Ride alongs are free but if you want to drive you have to recite The Wellerman song at the trail head complete with an interpretive jig

I don’t trailer it. Once you drive one of Blaine’s rigs you’ll understand why. He builds them to ride better on-road than they come from the factory. As for doing the labor yourself, don’t do that unless you have someone with you who has done it before. The outboard job takes attention to detail to another level.

Reactions: tombicon and jjvw
Ride alongs are free but if you want to drive you have to recite The Wellerman song at the trail head complete with an interpretive jig
TJs of the Caribbean? Lol
I don’t trailer it. Once you drive one of Blaine’s rigs you’ll understand why. He builds them to ride better on-road than they come from the factory. As for doing the labor yourself, don’t do that unless you have someone with you who has done it before. The outboard job takes attention to detail to another level.
luckily I have a buddy who fabricates and builds buggies
He wants to help me build the suspension but I want the best thing for it on 35s so I’m not sure where he’d place the brackets for the arms. I’ve thought of buying the Currie Johnny joints separate with DOM tube and the brackets and see how he’s does it but I don’t want the risk of it not coming out right.