California Anyone from SoCal willing to let me tag along as a passenger in their mid-arm built TJ on 35s?

TJs of the Caribbean? Lol

luckily I have a buddy who fabricates and builds buggies
He wants to help me build the suspension but I want the best thing for it on 35s so I’m not sure where he’d place the brackets for the arms. I’ve thought of buying the Currie Johnny joints separate with DOM tube and the brackets and see how he’s does it but I don’t want the risk of it not coming out right.
I also know a shop who does nothing but fabricate and build rock buggies. That means nothing whatsoever as they managed to screw up my outboard on my last rig. There’s a real art to it that even some of these fabricators can’t seem to get right. Not saying your buddy can’t do it, but be really cautious and talk to Blaine in depth before he attempts it. Blaine is the one who invented it so he can tell you all the tips and tricks.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and jjvw
Ride alongs are free but if you want to drive you have to recite The Wellerman song at the trail head complete with an interpretive jig
He just sent me a PM where he says not only is that not a problem, he will fart the song Dixie and finish with hand jobs all around. I told him with street cred like that, just not a problem to hop behind the wheel and Nick will be real happy to see you.

He just sent me a PM where he says not only is that not a problem, he will fart the song Dixie and finish with hand jobs all around. I told him with street cred like that, just not a problem to hop behind the wheel and Nick will be real happy to see you.
I’ll bring my sailor hat 👍🏼

i just thought that was how all groups did the initation 🤷‍♂️
I also know a shop who does nothing but fabricate and build rock buggies. That means nothing whatsoever as they managed to screw up my outboard on my last rig. There’s a real art to it that even some of these fabricators can’t seem to get right. Not saying your buddy can’t do it, but be really cautious and talk to Blaine in depth before he attempts it. Blaine is the one who invented it so he can tell you all the tips and tricks.
Yeah I get you when time comes I’ll use all my resources. Or pay top dollar for it to be done right✅ Cheap work ain’t good and good work ain’t cheap

• Haha
Reactions: DEValken and Chris
Anyone from SoCal willing to let me tag along as a passenger in their mid arm built Tj on 35s street/offroad

I’m in the process of trying to map out my build and would just like to know what the savvy/Currie ride feels like.

I bought my jeep last year without knowing better. I saw a winch, lockers ,and fox shocks and was all in. Since then I’ve learned about travel, wheel base, pinion angles etc. and realized how much more I can get out of my shitty built Jeep. So just trying to see where to go from here. Thank you!

View attachment 280514
Possible list of members on here are the very friendly Nick, Fucktard Lou, LJ, Chris if you get to AZ, local to me Chris, local to me John, more as I think of them.

Reactions: Chris
i just thought that was how all groups did the initation 🤷‍♂️
Best day ever was when Nick went to fetch up Chris from the airport. I sent Chris a message and told him to keep an eye on Nick because he is very friendly. Then I sent a message to Nick and told him to keep an eye on Chris because he is very friendly. Nick pulls into the driveway and I didn't know it was possible for two full grown adult men to each occupy half a seat in a TJ all scrunched up against the doors trying to sit as far away from each other as possible. Coulda put two almost grown kids between them.
Yeah I get you when time comes I’ll use all my resources. Or pay top dollar for it to be done right✅ Cheap work ain’t good and good work ain’t cheap
If there is anyway to do a lot of the stuff yourself, that is better than paying.

Best day ever was when Nick went to fetch up Chris from the airport. I sent Chris a message and told him to keep an eye on Nick because he is very friendly. Then I sent a message to Nick and told him to keep an eye on Chris because he is very friendly. Nick pulls into the driveway and I didn't know it was possible for two full grown adult men to each occupy half a seat in a TJ all scrunched up against the doors trying to sit as far away from each other as possible. Coulda put two almost grown kids between them.

If there is anyway to do a lot of the stuff yourself, that is better than paying.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣that’s gold

I have a welder and angle grinder and a friend who has welding certs lol

I was wondering what specifically makes mid arm kit so special are the links already cut and ready to go and it’s just up to you to weld the brackets and truss? is it the aluminum links or Johnny joints that’s special? From my understanding the mid arm kit is a no instructions kind of thing and not the best description. Pls correct me if I’m wrong.
https://www.tmrcustoms.com/products/universal-triangulated-4-link-kit-option-2https://www.tmrcustoms.com/products/universal-front-3-link-kit-with-johnny-jointsThose already add up to 2,000 without truss comes savvy actually comes out to better due to the fact they give you aluminum links.

I’ll let Blaine pick apart the TNT customs setup since he knows way more about this than I ever will.
I’m not saying there’s is right or wrong I’m saying technically If you have the placement of the brackets then you can use any brand brackets or joint as long it’s a good quality? You pay savvy for the material more than the placement of the bracket or is there a different advantage to it?

I’m not saying there’s is right or wrong I’m saying technically If you have the placement of the brackets then you can use any brand brackets or joint as long it’s a good quality? You pay savvy for the material more than the placement of the bracket or is there a different advantage to it?
Oh yes, I see what you’re saying and I don’t see why that wouldn’t be correct. I will say however that Blaine has put a lot of special attention into the brackets on the mid-arm, so not every bracket is going to be equal.

Reactions: J R
Oh yes, I see what you’re saying and I don’t see why that wouldn’t be correct. I will say however that Blaine has put a lot of special attention into the brackets on the mid-arm, so not every bracket is going to be equal.
Yeah that was just a big question I had reading it and are the link just one size like how about if you want to stretch do you live the brackets or longer links?