California Anyone from SoCal willing to let me tag along as a passenger in their mid-arm built TJ on 35s?

Oh yes, I see what you’re saying and I don’t see why that wouldn’t be correct. I will say however that Blaine has put a lot of special attention into the brackets on the mid-arm, so not every bracket is going to be equal.
The Savvy brackets are extra thick. 🤫

Reactions: Chris
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣that’s gold

I have a welder and angle grinder and a friend who has welding certs lol
Lots of talented fabricators don't have certs. Lots of certified weldors aren't good fabricators.
I was wondering what specifically makes mid arm kit so special are the links already cut and ready to go and it’s just up to you to weld the brackets and truss? is it the aluminum links or Johnny joints that’s special? From my understanding the mid arm kit is a no instructions kind of thing and not the best description. Pls correct me if I’m wrong.
https://www.tmrcustoms.com/products/universal-triangulated-4-link-kit-option-2https://www.tmrcustoms.com/products/universal-front-3-link-kit-with-johnny-jointsThose already add up to 2,000 without truss comes savvy actually comes out to better due to the fact they give you aluminum links.
You can out build the Savvy mid arm if you know what you are doing. It is a great solution to a lot of problems that the average person and install with a bit of cutting and grinding.

What you pick will depend on what you know. If you know how to out build it, you won't be asking for a comparison.

Yeah that was just a big question I had reading it and are the link just one size like how about if you want to stretch do you live the brackets or longer links?
You need to do a lot more studying up on stuff. If the consideration for a stretch is to just make the links longer, that implies an inherent lack of understanding on geometry. Not bad, just not knowing.

76089404.jpg

You need to do a lot more studying up on stuff. If the consideration for a stretch is to just make the links longer, that implies an inherent lack of understanding on geometry. Not bad, just not knowing
I do need to study more but what I wanted to know is if you buy the kit are the links a set size? From Chris write up i just don’t see any instruction if you want to install as a stretch. What I’m assuming from the difference between the lj numbers they give is you move the brackets more out? I’m not trying to out build the savvy kit because it’s a good deal and renowned quality I’m just trying to come up with a plan for when I do.

1633101084124.jpeg

I do need to study more but what I wanted to know is if you buy the kit are the links a set size? From Chris write up i just don’t see any instruction if you want to install as a stretch. What I’m assuming from the difference between the lj numbers they give is you move the brackets more out? I’m not trying to out build the savvy kit because it’s a good deal and renowned quality I’m just trying to come up with a plan for when I do.
The mounts go in a specific spot. The axle goes in a reasonably narrow range of distance fore and aft and the lift height is within a few bits above and below 4".

If you want to stretch, move the mounts back.

The mounts go in a specific spot. The axle goes in a reasonably narrow range of distance fore and aft and the lift height is within a few bits above and below 4".

If you want to stretch, move the mounts back.
Got it thanks 🙏
I’m going to type a build sheet and plan the order of how I get things done with my budget.
I’ll probably get all the lightweight armor first since my rig has been capable on what I’ve done so far. Then prepare for 35s the right way and go from there.
Thanks again

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
67358C2E-4890-4CEE-87BF-B364A5D400A9.jpeg
5804A3FD-95E5-4814-A02F-3402E42DA6C2.jpeg
Before I move onto armor I was reading up on steering and was wondering if I had drop pitman arm. If I do I’ll be upgrading my steering first. Thoughts?

67358C2E-4890-4CEE-87BF-B364A5D400A9.jpeg

Tommy, to clarify the instruction issue is Marty's fault. When they asked me to turn the mid arm into an installable kit, I told him I would only do it under certain conditions and if those were not adhered to, I was out. He agreed to them. One of them was I would write well illustrated clear instructions and then, only with his help. The last part of that was if he shipped a single kit before the instructions were done, then I would delete all of it.

He again agreed. After he jerked me around for several months getting me parts back that we designed and lying to Gerald about those problems, I told him it was time to get the instructions done since he finally managed after months to get me one complete set of parts. He delayed but assured me that he would be here to do them. I just needed him for a day.

Watching my normal sources of info on the net, a build popped up from Vegas 4x4 with them showing off the installation of the first production Savvy Mid Arm kit. I called Marty to verify that he had shipped a kit without instructions, he said he had. I came in the house, fired up Publisher and deleted all the files I had done, about 10 pages worth. Fuck off Marty.

The lying to Gerald part is Marty told him that the delay in getting the kit finished was due to me making too many changes. He was slightly correct. I would send in a prototype hand built part, they would build it and send it back. They made it wrong, I would correct it and send it back. They would build it wrong again, I would correct it and send it back. Not a single part was done by me that took longer than 1 day to prototype. Had they done accurate copies, the entire kit would have been done in 2 weeks, not 5 months. It took them that long to get me one full set of correct parts. We even built fixtures and jigs to send along with the parts since they could not figure out that a C channel to fit over a 4" frame height has to be slightly over 4" to fit. If you clamp the pieces to a piece of 4" rectangular tube when you weld it, it won't be wrong. We would get them back that were 4 1/8" tall and then 3 15/16" tall and you couldn't beat them over the frame. We made drawings, built jigs and they still couldn't get it right yet each of those fuck-ups was tossed into the "Blaine keeps making changes" box. Yeah I'm making changes you idiot, I'm trying to get them to make the very first part I sent in.

Tommy, to clarify the instruction issue is Marty's fault. When they asked me to turn the mid arm into an installable kit, I told him I would only do it under certain conditions and if those were not adhered to, I was out. He agreed to them. One of them was I would write well illustrated clear instructions and then, only with his help. The last part of that was if he shipped a single kit before the instructions were done, then I would delete all of it. Likely, not to my benefit!

He again agreed. After he jerked me around for several months getting me parts back that we designed and lying to Gerald about those problems, I told him it was time to get the instructions done since he finally managed after months to get me one complete set of parts. He delayed but assured me that he would be here to do them. I just needed him for a day.

Watching my normal sources of info on the net, a build popped up from Vegas 4x4 with them showing off the installation of the first production Savvy Mid Arm kit. I called Marty to verify that he had shipped a kit without instructions, he said he had. I came in the house, fired up Publisher and deleted all the files I had done, about 10 pages worth. Fuck off Marty.

The lying to Gerald part is Marty told him that the delay in getting the kit finished was due to me making too many changes. He was slightly correct. I would send in a prototype hand built part, they would build it and send it back. They made it wrong, I would correct it and send it back. They would build it wrong again, I would correct it and send it back. Not a single part was done by me that took longer than 1 day to prototype. Had they done accurate copies, the entire kit would have been done in 2 weeks, not 5 months. It took them that long to get me one full set of correct parts. We even built fixtures and jigs to send along with the parts since they could not figure out that a C channel to fit over a 4" frame height has to be slightly over 4" to fit. If you clamp the pieces to a piece of 4" rectangular tube when you weld it, it won't be wrong. We would get them back that were 4 1/8" tall and then 3 15/16" tall and you couldn't beat them over the frame. We made drawings, built jigs and they still couldn't get it right yet each of those fuck-ups was tossed into the "Blaine keeps making changes" box. Yeah I'm making changes you idiot, I'm trying to get them to make the very first part I sent in.
This is the kind of stupidity that screws some of us that would like to tackle a project like this, but need a well defined set of instructions and references. The only reason I haven't bought a couple of these kits is because of this very issue. That, and because I refuse to take my vehicle to someone else, who will then experiment/learn on it. Likely, not to my benefit!

The absolute worst part is a total lack of personal accountability and integrity. :(

This is the kind of stupidity that screws some of us that would like to tackle a project like this, but need a well defined set of instructions and references. The only reason I haven't bought a couple of these kits is because of this very issue. That, and because I refuse to take my vehicle to someone else, who will then experiment/learn on it. Likely, not to my benefit!

The absolute worst part is a total lack of personal accountability and integrity. :(
To say I was pissed is putting it mildly. That and I made it a point to assure Marty frequently throughout the process that he should not forget our agreement and that I was not one of those who entered into such arrangements lightly. Especially since when he first approached me about doing it, I told him I wasn't interested because I was not going to wait a week or longer for a part to get back to me after I built a prototype. He said that wasn't a problem because he had a shop that would turn them around in 24-48 hours. I told him if that was true, then I would do it along with the other conditions but only after the assurance that the short lead time was something we could count on. Again, heartily reassured that was the case. He lied.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: psrivats and Irun
Tommy, to clarify the instruction issue is Marty's fault. When they asked me to turn the mid arm into an installable kit, I told him I would only do it under certain conditions and if those were not adhered to, I was out. He agreed to them. One of them was I would write well illustrated clear instructions and then, only with his help. The last part of that was if he shipped a single kit before the instructions were done, then I would delete all of it.

Thanks for the explanation. That is infuriating to all except those selling the kit. When you actually build and fit, it makes sense to do the proper R&D BEFORE the release.