Texas Anyone from the Kingwood area wanting to help out?

dmurdie

Hey there! New to the forum. I live in the Kingwood area and I have big plans for building up my TJ. I would really like a hand by someone who has done some various projects. I want to install a Currie lift and do some other fun projects but I don't want to tackle it alone. Is there anyone around that likes to help newbies get off the ground? I would be willing to pay a bit and supply the beer and a garage to do the work in.

Reactions: Fixer6
Hey there! New to the forum. I live in the Kingwood area and I have big plans for building up my TJ. I would really like a hand by someone who has done some various projects. I want to install a Currie lift and do some other fun projects but I don't want to tackle it alone. Is there anyone around that likes to help newbies get off the ground? I would be willing to pay a bit and supply the beer and a garage to do the work in.
You’re in luck! Maybe just a little bit anyway. We need to meet! I’m in Elm Grove. I am not an expert on TJs. There are many people on this website who most definitely are though. You came to the right place to get information, and to gain knowledge. There are lots of great people here that are willing to share what they know, and to steer you straight. I would suggest reading everything in the “How to” section. Even if you think it’s a dumb question, don’t worry about and ask. There will be somebody to come along and answer it for you.

Last edited:
Read some of the build threads. You can even read mine. I knew nothing about vehicles when I bought my TJ in Dec 2016. Since then I have done 4 suspension lifts, MML, BL, trackbars, rock sliders, fuel pump, gas tank skid mod and everything else except the gears and locker. I write this to encourage you that you can do it. If I were a bit closer I’d come help, but I’m west of Austin 70 miles. Post up some questions as @Fixer6 mentioned, Most people here are nice and if they don’t answer, will direct you to a thread with the answer. Welcome to the forum!

New to the forum also and in the Houston area, westside. I have some experience in building and installs. I unfortunately can't get out much (work, family and kids), but can help you out with local info if needed. Enjoy the build!