Anyone have a B&M Short throw shifter (#45195)?

I wasn't able to shift from 2nd to 1st unless the Jeep wasn't rolling. The symptoms started with grinding, then progressed to no go while in motion. The stock shift finger had a wear worn gouge & ridge.
Shift Finger Wear.JPG

The gear lever wore a bit too.
1st Gear Lever Wear.JPG

B&M short-shifter on left, stock on right.
B&M Tower on Left Stock Shifter Tower on Right.JPG

Problem fixed.
B&M Short Shifter.JPG

This stock shifter tower with worn finger wasn't pristine when installed on my rebuilt NSG370 about 4k miles ago, but it was in better condition than the original.

This get rid of some of that "notchiness" too?

And, you did the install with the trans in place, right?

Yes, but what I meant to say is that should his NSG370 actually need a rebuild, the smart thing to do (that everyone else does) is ditch the NSG370 for an AX-15, which bolts-in in place of it, and is a much better transmission (as well as much cheaper to maintain and replace.

But yes, those NSG370 transmissions have had issues with popping out of gear from what I've heard. It's a Mercedes transmission, and much like the Mercedes steering gearbox found in the 03-06 TJs, it ain't cheap to replace!
Except that the crank position sensor is in a different position on the bellhousing between them.

This get rid of some of that "notchiness" too?

And, you did the install with the trans in place, right?
I didn't experience notchiness with the stock shift tower. The B&M shifter in comparison is a solid, notch, notch through the gears.
Yes to transmission in place; the console and floor boot were removed for installation.

Thanks!
Or, should I say, no thanks. Now I have to add it to the never-ending mod list.

@k-huevo did you notice that the B&M is a considerably shorter throw? I bought the shift lever for my NSG370 but cant install it with my tuffy consol. Unless I don't want to use 2nd, 4th, 6th or Reverse :LOL:

Stick throw is less than stock. However, because the B&M shaft stub lacks one of the stock stub bends, the B&M shift knob location doesn't differ much in 2nd, 4th, 6th, and reverse.
Shifter in second gear:
B&M Stick Distance from Front Console.jpg
B&M Short Shifter with Stick.JPG

The Jeep has an engine lift, raised transfer case skid, and .5" body lift.

Reactions: Sean Allen
I pulled the trigger and just ordered one off of fleabay. Found it for $477 and change.

It's a whole new animal with this shifter. It should be a real treat on the trail, not having such a long throw. A note of caution for you that ford a lot of water crossings, there is a breather at the top of this shift tower. You will need to plug it or extend a breather line. You can notice it in the pic, it's the brass piece.

image.jpeg