Anyone have a FSM for a 2005 LJ Rubicon?

NoleFan

Hi Folks,
I have an 05 LJ Rubi. Trying to find an FSM specific to the LJ Rubi. I looked through the Sticky manuals and found the 05 but it has a lot of electrical diagrams and such that are just plain different than what I have. Any suggestions?

I tried that one first. It has a lot that is applicable to the LJ Rubi but the speedo sensor info is incorrect. I'm not sure how much is different from the TJ FSM to the LJ but I know the wiring harness colors are different in at least a couple of places. Mainly I'm just trying to avoid having to unwrap wire all the way from the transmission sensor to the firewall so I can hook up a yellow box behind the glove box. I've seen some of the tutorials but again they don't apply to the LJ...........that I have seen so far anyway. Any proof to the contrary would be much appreciated.

You have to go to the correct sections, that manual he gave you a link to is exactly 100% correct. There are sections that cover the lockers, various tcases, etc. and the wiring that is unique to those various configurations. The speedo sensor information is correct when you are in the correct 241 tcase section.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Thanks for the reply Jerry. I had a friend of a friend pull up the wiring diagram on the dealerships internet maintenance service database. He gave me the info I was looking for and I was then able to pull up individual connectors and back track the info to see where I went wrong. Indeed you were correct. The info is in there. I’m just going to have to learn the language of a service manual that wasn’t intended to be user friendly toward the layman. I may have to end up printing out all 1600 pages just so I can flip pages back and forth when looking stuff up. Thanks again for the replies.

Jerry is right, there is no such thing as a Rubicon only FSM manual. That and both the long wheel base (LJ) as well as the short wheel base (TJ) shared the same FSM as well.