Anyone have a source for a new HVAC fan speed switch or HVAC panel?

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Does anyone have a source for a NEW hvac fans speed switch, or a NEW hvac panel for an ‘06?

I know the ‘05 & ‘06 are different and are not available from MOPAR anymore. I’d like to find new if available before a used one.

Fan doesn’t blow on all speeds. Just started after I had it out to replace the lights in it. I think it’s the switch itself and not the resistor for a few reasons.

1) When first bought the Jeep I had it out and noticed very slight melting of the housing. Not long after that I replaced the blower motor (which I understood to be the problem with the melting).

2) over the last 3 years, sometimes if wouldn’t work in various settings, unless you pushed in on the knob.

3) today is the first day I’ve drove it since replacing the lighting. When I first started it up, it only ran on setting 3. I pulled the unit out and checked it out. The switch is a little loose where it’s held together because of the melting. When I put it back together, then in only ran on setting 4.

670A558C-B716-4428-A2D5-E6C26D988CE7.jpeg

I’d like to replace only the switch if possible instead of the whole unit.

You can get these on Amazon for about $35. I picked one up, case in a Mopar box and was a direct plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure. Just enter the OEM part number and it should come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon came up with 0 results.

I searched:
05183284AA

P55056558AA
IB1C200202

The last 2 numbers were on the back of the unit in my Jeep.

838F790F-9037-4C77-BA35-C41E71D315E9.jpeg

Last edited:
I ended up finding one on eBay. I’ll probably pull the switch off of it and put it on my hvac control assembly.

FYI, the units for TJ/LJ’s without A/C have the same switch for the fan speed. P/N 55056556AA.

That was going to be my plan b if the seller didn’t accept the price I offered for the A/C version.

Well damn. I checked some online MOPAR parts sites that I’ve ordered from in the past and they said not available.

If the one I ordered doesn’t work out, I’ll check that one out.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
It turns out it was a combination of the switch and the resistor.

I canned the switch part off of my eBay purchase, cleaned it up a little and put it on and still had the same problem. Replaced the resistor and all 4 speeds worked. I put the old switch back on to see what it would do. I still had to push in on it like the previous video to get the fan to run. Put the eBay switch back on and everything works as it’s supposed to.

Looks like the slight melting of the original switch from before I got it was the reason I was having to push it in to make contact and run. It’s melted and moving right where one of the little clips that hold the housing halves together.

726B716A-79D9-4E7C-9086-6C0A8764FB36.jpeg

47E0353E-C148-4810-AC16-FECAAEB77736.jpeg

I have a similar but different problem. The fan side of the HVAC works, but the other side, no matter where I put the dial, except for off, it just blows equally out of all vents. What’s the cheapest solution?

It could be your blend door is broken or jammed, or a vacuum line problem.

Check these connections, with the red, yellow, blue, brown vacuum lines. One under the dash on drivers side of the transmission hump, the other (white connector) behind the glove box. It should have lines running back to the switch too and it would be a good idea to check the back of the switch too. One of those round actuators that the lines are hooked to could be bad as well. I'd check for bad connections or a leak in the lines first though.

13.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

Reactions: Fouledplugs and JMT
I was able to get the knob only from NAPA last year. My guess is that they'd have the whole switch too. I was also able to get the resistor from them. Surprisingly I needed it to replace a MOPAR one that I'd put in 3 years earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
Reviving an old thread here for a related issue. The selector knob on my climate control does not work right. I set it for the floor and it comes out the vent, I put it on one of the non-AC positions and it feels like the AC is still on, and it doesn't really "click" into most of the positions - it just moves smoothly from one spot on the dial to another without stopping. My first thought was to replace the panel before diving into the vacuum lines, blend door, etc., but it sounds like the 05-06 models used a different part. I was talking to someone that has a spare for sale, but he doesn't know which version it is and couldn't find a part # on it. Is there a quick and easy way to tell them apart?