Anyone have any experience with Baofeng BF-F8HP

The Radioditty is probably the best legal one for the money. Also their support is without pier.
I have had good luck with radioditty. I sampled just about all their ht’s. I was having trouble finding bf888’s. They worked seem less with the existing bf888’s and the repeaters. Never had to use the support. That’s a good thing I hope.

Are you guys worried about "leakage" because being a good radio neighbor or because actually worried about getting cancer from your UV5R?

I never asked @WSS, when you had your radios tested what did they find exactly? Did you have a UV-5R tested, was it different than the others? All these terms are can be used so carelessly, what are the real numbers?

The results found that on uhf, the mic button was tx’ing rf. Not a lot but being that it was not tuned, the load created heat. The results showed about 0.5w diverted at high uhf, and 0.1w at bottom end of uhf. VHF had no leak. It was random between models. I remember the problematic units had a “C” ink stamped under the battery compartment. Apparently this was a specific quality control issue, not the factory. The models with “E” and “F” had either an update or some type of fix. Again, not all “C” stamped units were bad, but a high percentage had problems.

The baofeng distributor out of Texas handled all the testing of our units. They did a good job in my opinion of figuring it out.

I stumbled on it really. I happened to hear others mentioning it and tied it together with the hot spots.

Reactions: pagrey
The results found that on uhf, the mic button was tx’ing rf. Not a lot but being that it was not tuned, the load created heat. The results showed about 0.5w diverted at high uhf, and 0.1w at bottom end of uhf. VHF had no leak. It was random between models. I remember the problematic units had a “C” ink stamped under the battery compartment. Apparently this was a specific quality control issue, not the factory. The models with “E” and “F” had either an update or some type of fix. Again, not all “C” stamped units were bad, but a high percentage had problems.

The baofeng distributor out of Texas handled all the testing of our units. They did a good job in my opinion of figuring it out.

I stumbled on it really. I happened to hear others mentioning it and tied it together with the hot spots.
Are you talking about UV5Rs now, or the afor mentioned BF-F8HP?

I think @WSS was talking about the BF-888 and a few UV-5Rs from what I remember on this thread and the BF-F8HP is essentially a UV-5R unlike the BF-888 which is a different animal, very slightly. These two threads are mucho fun.

I think @WSS was talking about the BF-888 and a few UV-5Rs from what I remember on this thread and the BF-F8HP is essentially a UV-5R unlike the BF-888 which is a different animal, very slightly. These two threads are mucho fun.
Yea - I'm confused as to whether the leaky radios are UV5Rs or otherwise, or both, or something else... (??)

I went and looked under my batteries on my UV5Rs, neither of them had a "C", or anything else stamped thereon. *shrug*

Reactions: pagrey
or otherwise, or both, or something else... (??)
I have a TinySA, it has a little antenna and you can scope out stuff from 100kHz to around 1GHz. Really high tech, not cheap but under $100 if you shop around. Gotta put on the foil hat to use it for sure. If you get attenuators you can plug in your HT directly. Compared to the stuff we had 20 years ago it's really great. One of those deals, don't know if you'd think it was cool to see your battery charger puts out all that shit or if the device itself would make your hurl.

• Love
Reactions: Zorba
I have a TinySA, it has a little antenna and you can scope out stuff from 100kHz to around 1GHz. Really high tech, not cheap but under $100 if you shop around. Gotta put on the foil hat to use it for sure. If you get attenuators you can plug in your HT directly. Compared to the stuff we had 20 years ago it's really great. One of those deals, don't know if you'd think it was cool to see your battery charger puts out all that shit or if the device itself would make your hurl.
I've been thinking fairly seriously about something like this - looks like a neat toy to have. How does the TinySA compare to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z5VY7B6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

How does the TinySA compare to this one
I have a 6.3 GHz VNA, it's a different animal. They really don't do the same stuff. If you are doing antennas then the VNA is the way to go. It's like a fancy SWR meter. The signal analyzer is different from an network analyzer, more for looking at RF noise or how your radios perform. The VNA wont sniff random shit around the house. They do have some overlap but are really different deals.

Yea - I'm confused as to whether the leaky radios are UV5Rs or otherwise, or both, or something else... (??)

I went and looked under my batteries on my UV5Rs, neither of them had a "C", or anything else stamped thereon. *shrug*
Both and the variations of the uv5r.

Are you talking about UV5Rs now, or the afor mentioned BF-F8HP?
It was primarily the uv5r. But the bf-f8 uses the same firmware and alit if internals. I would say the current radios are not a problem. It comes and goes, like most Chinese manufacturing problems.

I've been thinking fairly seriously about something like this - looks like a neat toy to have. How does the TinySA compare to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z5VY7B6/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I have that one and like it. I only use it for SWR at the moment, but it's easier to just plug it in without having to mess with jumper cables IMHO. You can also see a nice graph on whatever scale you like i.e. I run mine at 460-470mhz and can see where swr sweet spots are on both simplex and repeater freqs and adjust accordingly if I want. The only reason I bought one was because I was told my crappy Amazon swr meter was garbage and not accurate at all. Turns out they match perfectly 🙄 But I still like the new toy.

I have that one and like it. I only use it for SWR at the moment, but it's easier to just plug it in without having to mess with jumper cables IMHO. You can also see a nice graph on whatever scale you like i.e. I run mine at 460-470mhz and can see where swr sweet spots are on both simplex and repeater freqs and adjust accordingly if I want. The only reason I bought one was because I was told my crappy Amazon swr meter was garbage and not accurate at all. Turns out they match perfectly 🙄 But I still like the new toy.
Would this work for tuning duplexers? I send my duplexers out to be tuned and have had varying luck. Plus, not knowing that the duplexer is truly tuned to my needed freqs, I am kinda lost and at their mercy if I have a problem.

if not good for tuning them, can duplexers at least be analyzed?

Sorry, no help there. I think you know more in that area than I do by a lot. The guys on the mygmrs forum talk about that kinda stuff all the time though.

Have you guys seen news reports of the russians using these radios and other similar Baofeng radios during their invasion? It's freakin amatuer hour over there. Anyways, as they say :

"In soviet Russia, if radio is good for army, is good for off road!"

Have you guys seen news reports of the russians using these radios and other similar Baofeng radios during their invasion? It's freakin amatuer hour over there. Anyways, as they say :

"In soviet Russia, if radio is good for army, is good for off road!"
Their ally is China. 🫂

Reactions: SkylinesSuck