Anyone have any experience with Baofeng BF-F8HP

How are you now? I have good days and bad days. More good but still frustrating. Last night I was explaining a news story to my wife and she asked are you sure you mean “Biden”? I said no, Putin. Then I realized I said “Biden” instead of Putin. Talk about lost.
I still have my moments. I have a hard time remembering names and and details like job costs. I have to keep notes, lots of notes.
I’ll lose track of things I normally don’t have an issue remembering. It makes for some awkward moments during casual conversations.

Reactions: WSS
I still have my moments. I have a hard time remembering names and and details like job costs. I have to keep notes, lots of notes.
I’ll lose track of things I normally don’t have an issue remembering. It makes for some awkward moments during casual conversations.
Little things like "job costs". LOL. At first, I would engage in casual conversations, but I would notice raised eyebrows or avoiding eye contact, so now I just nod and listen.

Supposedly it all comes back. So there is some hope for us.

Reactions: Wheeler
Little things like "job costs". LOL. At first, I would engage in casual conversations, but I would notice raised eyebrows or avoiding eye contact, so now I just nod and listen.

Supposedly it all comes back. So there is some hope for us.
I’ve really had to force myself to think things through. I think what’s helping me is I started a new job just after recovering and I’m not in the same position, so I can’t coast my way through doing the same old things.

I hope you’re recovering well. It’s really frustrating at times.

For me it was a severe lack of speed + lack of motivation, but in a specific way. Like if I was working on something, I would be much slower than normal, and not a lot of recall on stuff I had previously done. But then if I had the tiniest setback it would completely knock the wind out of my sails and I would have to get up and walk away for a while until I could find the motivation to overcome the obstacle. Even in cases when I knew how to overcome it.... like I had to copy 1 file to 3 servers. I couldn't do it, had to walk away.

Glad I'm through that!

Reactions: WSS and Wheeler
For me it was a severe lack of speed + lack of motivation, but in a specific way. Like if I was working on something, I would be much slower than normal, and not a lot of recall on stuff I had previously done. But then if I had the tiniest setback it would completely knock the wind out of my sails and I would have to get up and walk away for a while until I could find the motivation to overcome the obstacle. Even in cases when I knew how to overcome it.... like I had to copy 1 file to 3 servers. I couldn't do it, had to walk away.

Glad I'm through that!
How long did it take to get to a "normal" state for you?

I had not noticed what you are mentioning, but I have a bucket load of half finished projects lately.

How long did it take to get to a "normal" state for you?

I had not noticed what you are mentioning, but I have a bucket load of half finished projects lately.

I showed my first symptoms on Thanksgiving (11/26), and was down HARD for 2 weeks. I had a demo to give on 12/17, so I guess the fog was less than a month including the actual downtime. I swear it was longer than that, but my notes say 12/17 and I know it was that project that got me out of it....and then I immediately had a gout flareup for another month. That was a great time.

If I had just guessed how long it lasted, I would've told you 2 months, maybe 3. Weird.

I showed my first symptoms on Thanksgiving (11/26), and was down HARD for 2 weeks. I had a demo to give on 12/17, so I guess the fog was less than a month including the actual downtime. I swear it was longer than that, but my notes say 12/17 and I know it was that project that got me out of it....and then I immediately had a gout flareup for another month. That was a great time.

If I had just guessed how long it lasted, I would've told you 2 months, maybe 3. Weird.
My first positive test was the weekend before thanksgiving. About the same timeline for the incredibly heavy fog. I still have good and bad days but there are far more good days now. Still can’t smell much. Smell comes in waves too. Sometimes really strong sense that sets off brain alarms like the smell of smoke or something burning.

My first positive test was the weekend before thanksgiving. About the same timeline for the incredibly heavy fog. I still have good and bad days but there are far more good days now. Still can’t smell much. Smell comes in waves too. Sometimes really strong sense that sets off brain alarms like the smell of smoke or something burning.
I didn't have the loss of smell or taste. I had this horribad cough & absolutely zero energy. I remember I had to carry a small toolbag about 30 feet...I collapsed at the kitchen table & cough-cried for about 30 minutes. There were a couple of times I thought maybe I needed to go to the hospital, and once I wondered if this was it for me. Not to be dramatic or anything.

The wild variance in the symptoms has me (quietly) asking a whole lot of questions about stuff. I don't want to challenge the narrative, obviously.

• Wow
I didn't have the loss of smell or taste. I had this horribad cough & absolutely zero energy. I remember I had to carry a small toolbag about 30 feet...I collapsed at the kitchen table & cough-cried for about 30 minutes. There were a couple of times I thought maybe I needed to go to the hospital, and once I wondered if this was it for me. Not to be dramatic or anything.

The wild variance in the symptoms has me (quietly) asking a whole lot of questions about stuff. I don't want to challenge the narrative, obviously.
This was about my experience just after Xmas. I was probably "done" with it by New Year's, but I had zero energy and my give a shit level was about negative ten. Didn't want to do anything, didn't want to eat or drink - nothing sounded good. Wife made me drink ginger ale which was tolerable. I didn't really care if I lived or died. Had a nasty cough, but I've had worse. Was "down" for almost a month.

I get it! I had zero cough, zero lung issues. Headache was brutal. I did start horse wormer and bleach treatment within 18hr of testing positive though. I also did this awful drink the doc recommended (tele/text doc). It was cayenne, ginger and one other horrible tasting ingredient. He said it helped absorb vitamins and the meds better. At one week I did a monoclonal antibody infusion. And two days after testing negative, had a vitamin bag and glutathione push iv. I figured do it all. Getting back to work was the main thing and I wanted the quickest route to it.

What you mentioned about the varying symptoms is a huge flag. It seems the ones with lung and low oxygen levels get hit really hard. I got hit and it was no picnic but I’ve heard some are far worse and totally different.

I get it! I had zero cough, zero lung issues. Headache was brutal. I did start horse wormer and bleach treatment within 18hr of testing positive though. I also did this awful drink the doc recommended (tele/text doc). It was cayenne, ginger and one other horrible tasting ingredient. He said it helped absorb vitamins and the meds better. At one week I did a monoclonal antibody infusion. And two days after testing negative, had a vitamin bag and glutathione push iv. I figured do it all. Getting back to work was the main thing and I wanted the quickest route to it.
This was about my experience just after Xmas. I was probably "done" with it by New Year's, but I had zero energy and my give a shit level was about negative ten. Didn't want to do anything, didn't want to eat or drink - nothing sounded good. Wife made me drink ginger ale which was tolerable. I didn't really care if I lived or died. Had a nasty cough, but I've had worse. Was "down" for almost a month.
Do you think you had the delta or omnicron? I had delta, omnicron came out during my infestation. I felt envious of those with omnicron , they were done with it in four days. I still had positive tests. I tested everyday like a little kid waiting for summer vacation. My company (at the time) had to have them in hand for our employees. I had plenty of them. Lol.

Do you think you had the delta or omnicron? I had delta, omnicron came out during my infestation. I felt envious of those with omnicron , they were done with it in four days. I still had positive tests. I tested everyday like a little kid waiting for summer vacation. My company (at the time) had to have them in hand for our employees. I had plenty of them. Lol.
I think it was Omicron from the timing and the fact that the entire family got it at the same time. *shrug* Beats me, I just know it was the CCP virus...

Okay, come on now. Keep the crazy conspiracy theory crap in the politics forum. Ya know, the same forum where everybody talks about how this is just the mild flu and we should ignore it.

So radios......

Reactions: buildbigboats
Yeah, I wasn't hating on the general off topic. The vague references to it being a targeted virus and engineered by the CCP belong in the political forum. And my feelings aren't hurt at all just for reference. Still love chatting with Zorba and anybody else! It's more for your guy's sake so you don't have to read any of my rambling tirade replies 😁

Do you need a license? No. Just get a band plan and stay on fms freqs.
Program them with chirp and get a real prolific chip programming cable.
Can you listen to ham freqs? Yes you can also talk on them and repeaters in a emergency.
Now that being said you should attempt to get a ham license.
Km6ckv 73

Yeah, I wasn't hating on the general off topic. The vague references to it being a targeted virus and engineered by the CCP belong in the political forum. And my feelings aren't hurt at all just for reference. Still love chatting with Zorba and anybody else! It's more for your guy's sake so you don't have to read any of my rambling tirade replies 😁
Somebody asked me about the CCP virus. I answered. *shrug*

Somebody asked me about the CCP virus. I answered. *shrug*
You are a smart guy and know exactly what you are doing [again]. I'm not trying to get snippy with you. I hope we can continue with all the discussing. I'm just having to bite my tongue not replying to the far right conspiracy theory fantasies. I left the political forum specifically because I didn't want that stuff interfering with good conversation about jeeps and stuff with good people I otherwise get along with. I'm just trying to stay on that path man 🙂

• Dislike
Reactions: 05 White X
Nobody asked, you are the only one here using the term and you should take it elsewhere.
I seem to recall several people discussing the virus - and if you don't like my terminology, too bad - take your Politically Correct nonsense elswhere. Would you prefer I call it the "Fauci Virus"? Same difference.

Last edited: