Anyone have any experience with Dirtworx front bumper?

I'll probably be talking to him one if these days. I have no $$ now, but that stockish looking bumper with a raised winch plate to slide it back over the swaybar towards the grill seems like a really good goal in my mind right now. I'm still not sure if it affects cooling but by the time i can pay for that i should have it figured out. Long term goals, just figuring out where to go with as few $ as possible.

A winch won't affect the stock factory cooling system's ability to keep the engine cool in the hottest conditions. All bets are off when an aftermarket, especially a store brand, radiator is installed. :)

I cant confirm what his are for sure but it looks like the trucklites they have made an immense difference in my night time driving on and off the road.

Close...I cheaped out on headlights and got the generic version truck-lites from Amazon after seeing a number of good reviews from other forum members. But yeah, LEDs make a HUGE difference.

Had one on my YJ and was definitely an upgrade. Was able to find it used for good price.

A winch won't affect the stock factory cooling system's ability to keep the engine cool in the hottest conditions. All bets are off when an aftermarket, especially a store brand, radiator is installed. :)
A winch is down the road for me so I haven't paid too much attention. Unfortunately my entire cooling system was redone by a mechanic a few months before i got the jeep. Should be good for a while, but not expecting a super long life. I guess we'll see how it goes.

He seems like a pretty nice guy. I just ordered a front bumper with winch plate, hoop and receiver. The upcharge for the receiver was $30.00 which I thought was very reasonable. Simple, strong and no bling. It will get the Rustoleum self etching primer and satin black rattle can finish as was discussed on glwoods thread here a while back. Looking forward to receiving it.

B

He seems like a pretty nice guy. I just ordered a front bumper with winch plate, hoop and receiver. The upcharge for the receiver was $30.00 which I thought was very reasonable. Simple, strong and no bling. It will get the Rustoleum self etching primer and satin black rattle can finish as was discussed on glwoods thread here a while back. Looking forward to receiving it.

B
Good choice. You will not be disappointed in the quality and attention to detail.

If your getting a dirtworx front, make sure you opt for the built in winch plate, I didnt have that on mine, and mounting the winch plate was kind of a pain. Other than that it was a really nice piece of work. Proper prep before paint will help a ton, than it's easy to touch up with a rattle can when needed

Exactly, the price point of the Dirtworx is so appealing, but once you add in the winch plate, fairlead mount, shipping, painting etc, it adds up.

After long internal debate I narrowed my bumpers down to two, Dirtworx and what I ultimately went with, KD Fabworks. Kurt is the owner of the shop and was great to work with. He has two size options for the front, a 43" or 49". He offers free shipping and usually runs 10% off sales, even 15% off, around holiday times. I recommend comparing Robert at Dirtworx bumpers to Kurt at KD Fabworks bumpers. Both are USA made by good people.

http://www.kdfabworks.com/97-06-TJ-Front-Mid-Width-49-Bumper-with-Trail-Bar-_p_63.html

If your getting a dirtworx front, make sure you opt for the built in winch plate, I didnt have that on mine, and mounting the winch plate was kind of a pain. Other than that it was a really nice piece of work. Proper prep before paint will help a ton, than it's easy to touch up with a rattle can
If your getting a dirtworx front, make sure you opt for the built in winch plate, I didnt have that on mine, and mounting the winch plate was kind of a pain. Other than that it was a really nice piece of work. Proper prep before paint will help a ton, than it's easy to touch up with a rattle can when needed
What winch plate did you use? I've got the same bumper. Thanks for any help.