Anyone have any experience with these PowerStop brakes?

I meant more of a cheaper improvement, more just to stop the squeaking and preventing the glazing over with the slotted rotors

Reactions: PNW_LJ
You mentioned better braking for larger tires hence the suggestions. That is why the guys are suggesting the choices they are.

I have used lots of Power Stop brake parts with no issues. I haven’t used the drilled and slotted ones though and see no purpose to use them on a TJ

I've used them before, on many vehicles, including my current LJ on 35s before getting the black magic super 16s. They are slightly better than other brakes I'd say, but not too much. Big problem was that they don't do well without at least a little heat in them, so the first stop can be a wee bit scary, as they just won't bite. So seriously, keep that in mind.

Regardless, what you really need is bigger brakes. Worth every penny, honestly was one if the best mods I've ever done to any vehicle ever. Best only to use them while waiting for Mr Blaine to ship out your BBK.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
I've used them before, on many vehicles, including my current LJ on 35s before getting the black magic super 16s. They are slightly better than other brakes I'd say, but not too much. Big problem was that they don't do well without at least a little heat in them, so the first stop can be a wee bit scary, as they just won't bite. So seriously, keep that in mind.

Regardless, what you really need is bigger brakes. Worth every penny, honestly was one if the best mods I've ever done to any vehicle ever. Best only to use them while waiting for Mr Blaine to ship out your BBK.

Already got it lol

But thanks for the suggestions just ordered the black magic upgraded pads and rotors

I have run that exact kit. The rotors are a downgrade, but not enough of one to make me change em out. The calipers are factory calipers with a nice red paint job, which I appreciate, living where I do. The pads are meh. You’ll be much happier with Black Magic pads. Follow break in to a T though. The pads are very high performance, and if you brake like a sissy, you’ll glaze them over and be worse off than you are now.

BTW, I’m currently running the powerstop rotors and calipers, with BMB pads. It was decent on 33’s, not enough on 35’s so a big brake kit is in my future

But thanks for the suggestions just ordered the black magic upgraded pads and rotors
Pay VERY close attention to the break-in instructions included with them, a proper break-in is required for them to brake up to their potential. If you break them in properly the pads will get hot enough that you'll smell them during the break-in. And you'll need to brake aggressively once in a while to keep them braking up to their potential. Nothing but limousine stops will cause them to not brake up to their potential when it's needed.

Pay VERY close attention to the break-in instructions included with them, a proper break-in is required for them to brake up to their potential. If you break them in properly the pads will get hot enough that you'll smell them during the break-in. And you'll need to brake aggressively once in a while to keep them braking up to their potential. Nothing but limousine stops will cause them to not brake up to their potential when it's needed.

Okay thank you

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
As a noob, I put powerstop slotted rotors on. We play down at the "Badlands" by Attica, IN. Lots of mud/sand.
The slots filled with grit as others advised me slotted rotors do and the crap PS pads were shot in less than a year like 3K miles!
I replaced the pads with the best Reybestos and they're holding up much longer. Will go to a solid rotor eventually.

I’d get what they are suggesting, but in the mean time pull the tires and run some sandpaper over the rotor and hit it with brake cleaner. That’s always stopped the squealing on any disc brakes I’ve ever had.