Anyone have any experience with Tuffy security drawer?

IPerkWVU

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Anyone have experience with these? Have a good Craigslist deal lined up for it, just want to make sure others have had good experiences with it. I like the idea of not having to strap down all my tool bags when wheeling. J18151_alt1.jpeg

Anyone have experience with these? Have a good Craigslist deal lined up for it, just want to make sure others have had good experiences with it. I like the idea of not having to strap down all my tool bags when wheeling.View attachment 58674
Not personally, but Tuffy has a pretty good reputation for this kinda stuff. Personally, I'd love to have something like this so that I could store stuff in my back when my top is down and keep it locked up.

I know they have a good rep so I don't have too many concerns. This wasn't on the original build but it's a good deal compared to MSRP of these things

Have one. Love it. I like being able to stow tools and other crap securely. Don’t have to worry about thieves and don’t have to worry about a tool box in the back of my head should I roll. The bearings on one of my drawer sliders failed, but Tuffy sent me new ones and they were great to deal with. Also makes a great platform to secure my cooler to.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Well, craigslist impulse buy got the best of me... Picked it up, started down the install then realized once in, I could never transport my dogs in the TJ. Not that I do often but don't like the limitation. Posted to Facebook marketplace to sell local and already have a buyer lined up. :godsdrink0nw:

IMG_20181014_170951.jpg

Well, craigslist impulse buy got the best of me... Picked it up, started down the install then realized once in, I could never transport my dogs in the TJ. Not that I do often but don't like the limitation. Posted to Facebook marketplace to sell local and already have a buyer lined up. :godsdrink0nw:

View attachment 59032
You couldn't just toss a blanket on it and have them chill on top?

It came with the 3" risers, It would have been too close to the top of my tub for comfort. I have two 50 pound dogs that like to move around. That coupled with the rear seat bracket bolts being extremely stubborn, figured I'd let the next guy have it

Reactions: Equilibrium31
I have two 85lb German Shepherds that I carry in the back of my TJ Unlimited (LJ to some) and wanted a secure way to carry tools and recovery equipment out of the way. I bought two of these fat 50 mounting brackets and ammo cans, and bolted the brackets on the sides just in front of the rear roll bar legs. One holds tools and the other recovery stuff. They are padlocked so I don't have to worry about they walking off when I'm parked with the top down, and if I need tools or recovery equipment, I can pick up the whole can and carry it to where it's needed. Two cans and two brackets added up to about $200. I'll try to get some pictures of them in place when I get home tonight.

Fat Fifty brackets.

Pictures and more info here.

Last edited: