Anyone have experience with JKS Flex Connects?

An Antirock isn't much more money. And a bit more gets you a Swayloc.

The problem I see with the Flex Connect is that you are still tied to the factory sway bar rate once the FC runs out of spring travel. It might take the sting out of rough roads, but big articulation will still be limited.

Reactions: TWiG01
I also don’t see the dual rate they claim… I’d think it’s a progressive rate. My biggest concern would be whether it upsets balance transitioning between spring loading and the sway bar loading…

Those are essentially dampers that extend (shocks obviously) ... not sure what to think- interesting concept.

I also don’t see the dual rate they claim… I’d think it’s a progressive rate. My biggest concern would be whether it upsets balance transitioning between spring loading and the sway bar loading…
The dual rate comes from the factory sway bar rate and the lighter Flex Connect rate. Specifically, the initial rate comes from the combined rate of the FC plus the factory bar. Once the FC goes solid, then the rate returns to the factory rate.

The dual rate comes from the factory sway bar rate and the lighter Flex Connect rate. Specifically, the initial rate comes from the combined rate of the FC plus the factory bar. Once the FC goes solid, then the rate returns to the factory rate.
That would be progressive though, not dual. Unless they are counting the disconnect…

also I think you’d want the damper on both sides, otherwise it would handle differently turning left to right…

Those are essentially dampers that extend (shocks obviously) ... not sure what to think- interesting concept.
These aren't dampers any more than your coil springs are dampers.

These aren't dampers any more than your coil springs are dampers.
They looked like little shock absorbers to me - made me think of a dirt bike steering damper. If they are hydraulic they are dampers, if they are spring then you would be correct....and you are- i’m actually looking at the product closer now.

I’d have a hard time springing the cash for that I think-

You haven't looked at mountain bike suspension very hard...
Nah, I haven’t been working on bikes for 20+ years… I only have 18 or so bike in garage ATM… most suspension is spring or elastomer. A few are air, and very few are true dampers. Regardless, ALL mountain bike “shocks” are the spring supporting the weight.

A89C2558-5308-4510-9088-25F46BB7D26A.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Nah, I haven’t been working on bikes for 20+ years… I only have 18 or so bike in garage ATM… most suspension is spring or elastomer. A few are air, and very few are true dampers. Regardless, ALL mountain bike “shocks” are the spring supporting the weight.
Just a random post - Some KTM dirt bikes have air forks- highly praised.

On the JKS product- what do reviews, etc say about it. Looks like it would just add body roll , etc.

Reactions: John Cooper
Just a random post - Some KTM dirt bikes have air forks- highly praised.

On the JKS product- what do reviews, etc say about it. Looks like it would just add body roll , etc.
Haven’t seen anything on them. I was looking mainly for a solution for the JT, saw they had them for TJ and figured better luck asking here… thinking about it though, I think it would not be a balanced/settled ride unless there was the “shock” at both sides.