Anyone have experience with Maxxis Bighorn tires?

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Anyone have any experience on their Jeep with the Bighorn tires? Looks like I can get a set of 33s at a decent price locally.

They work great on a side by side. Not weight rated for a Jeep. I would not try it.
Woah...hold on!
They absolutely do make bighorns for full size vehicles. I had them on my YJ for years (33x12.5x15). Great tire, long lasting.

I have 33x10.5x15 Maxxis Razrs on my TJR now, really good tread, stays pretty clean in the mud, good grip. pretty darn quiet on road. I have really liked them too.

Reactions: JMT
Woah...hold on!
They absolutely do make bighorns for full size vehicles. I had them on my YJ for years (33x12.5x15). Great tire, long lasting.

I have 33x10.5x15 Maxxis Razrs on my TJR now, really good tread, stays pretty clean in the mud, good grip. pretty darn quiet on road. I have really liked them too.
Well that is confusing. Why would Maxxis use the same name for UTV tires and MT tires? Looks like I learned something new today.

I always thought they were just passenger/OHV tires until I bought a ATV that had them on it. Confusing naming for sure. And completely different tread patterns on the same name for ATV vs OHV.

As far as I know, the Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 and Maxxis Bighorn Radial are completely different tires, the first for full size vehicles and the second for ATVs, UTVs, etc.

I use a Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 LT255/85R16 as a "donut" spare with my metric 35 Mickey Thompsons. Although it has seen zero miles on the ground, it appears to be a well made tire with an effective tread design. I would definitely consider the Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 as a budget friendly MT for the average weekend warrior.

Woah...hold on!

Maxxis Razr’s are my next tire.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi