Anyone have pictures of their TJ with 35's on a 4 inch lift?

ChrisTothC T

I'll be lifting my 99 TJ sometime this month with a 4" inch lift kit. I remember seeing this guy with a TJ as well at the gas station and asked about his lift, same thing, 4" lift with 35's and it looked great. Just in case, I've also purchased a Rough Country 1.75" Coil Spacer, but yeah what I'm asking for is if anybody has any pictures of the same build. (4" with 35's)

Thanks!

Reactions: Steel City 06
Here is mine!

IMG_1431.JPG

8.8 day.jpg

30073461_10215041137838266_1101908138992774504_o.jpg
IMG_0802.JPG

Last edited:
Wow that's beautiful! Is there enough clearance, for a bit of off roading and regular driving? Love it
There is definitely enough clearance for suspension movement. I have 4" Currie springs without a body lift and I have never rubbed under full compression. I do rub a little bit turning full lock. I am going to install some 1" spacers that should take care of that problem. I do love the 35s over the 33s!

There is definitely enough clearance for suspension movement. I have 4" Currie springs without a body lift and I have never rubbed under full compression. I do rub a little bit turning full lock. I am going to install some 1" spacers that should take care of that problem. I do love the 35s over the 33s!
Ohh I see and definitely 35's are the way to go

Reactions: Igoo65
I believe the 35s roll over obstacles better than the 33s. If you have the choice, I would go 35s. Just make sure your gearing is correct for you tire size and transmission. I have a 5 speed manual and with 4.88 gearing and it is great!

Reactions: Alex01
Nice! What fenders are those? Looking to get a set
Metal Cloak overline w/6" flares painted with a few rattle cans of OEM paint off ebay. I am quite happy with them. They were easy to install and the flares can be removed if you want. I gained around 1 inch of uptravel with them. Before anyone jumps on my comment a genright or any other flat-fender that requires you to cut the hood will net more gain.

Reactions: reddvltj and Igoo65
I believe the 35s roll over obstacles better than the 33s. If you have the choice, I would go 35s. Just make sure your gearing is correct for you tire size and transmission. I have a 5 speed manual and with 4.88 gearing and it is great!
I also have a 5 speed and 4.88. If I was to do it again I would go 5.13 even for mixed highway driving. (likely I would actually pick 5.38 since I would gladly sacrifice highway for crawl ratio)

I did run 4.10 for a few months prior to regearing and it was liveable. The biggest difference I noticed was in 4low.

When I was regearing, I was going to go with 4.56 and a friend talked me into 4.88. The 4.88s have been great, but I wish I would have had another friend that would have talked me into 5.13s! ;) There is only a couple hundreds in rpms between the gear ratios, but quite a big difference in crawling!

I am not sure how your jeep can have enough clearance, this is my 05 Rubicon with a complete 4" Currie lift kit, before adding a 1" BL. But then again every jeep is different

11_zps642c32b2.jpg

1_zps5f5359d7.JPG

I am not sure how your jeep can have enough clearance, this is my 05 Rubicon with a complete 4" Currie lift kit, before adding a 1" BL. But then again every jeep is different

View attachment 110952

View attachment 110954
Without seeing both your Jeeps sitting side by side this is just an assumption but from the looks of it his flares are wider than yours so they look to be tucking up inside the flair.

Without seeing both your Jeeps sitting side by side this is just an assumption but from the looks of it his flares are wider than yours so they look to be tucking up inside the flair.
I think it may look that way because Igoo65 has extra large plastic flares where as mine are the stock Rubicon Flares which may make it appear that my tires are sticking out more

photocopy_zpsc1940dfb.JPG

43_zps8c3ec205.jpg

IMG_0877_zps3479a86e.jpg