Anyone have the Weather Tech floor mats in their TJ?

Dcook65

TJ Enthusiast
I have floor mats from Quadratic. Thinking about Weathertech. The ones I have slide forward and get under the pedals. Thought about putting screws to keep in place. Anyone have the Weathertech. Photos maybe?

I have the Qtec mats as well, came with my last TJ, and Im not really a fan. Bought a set of used Weathertechs for my Son's XJ and they are NICE! Plan to replace mine in the LJ one of these days.

I have floor mats from Quadratec. The ones that look like tire tread. The PO put them in the front, and I bought the same for the back. The front drivers side hooks on the plastic clip I transferred from the oem carpet to the Bedrug. All the others I put double sided tape under to hold them in place, after driving down the highway with no top or doors, and watching the passenger side float from the breeze. Not something I wanted to grab at going 70mph. Since the tape it’s been a non issue.

I put the Bed Tred in my Jeep.
IMG_20190124_170234530.jpg

Then I added the Weather Tech
IMG_20190131_155217465.jpg

Have Weathertechs in the TJ & we like them, they don't move around & keep the snow / salt & mud & dirt contained. No experience with the Qtec so I cant give you a comparison. Only thing with the Weathertechs is they fit so good that if you spill a cup of coffee (or something) you have to soak it up because they fit so tight you are not getting them out without spilling it... small inconvenience.

Just an option: In our work trucks I install the "gripper" side of the industrial strength Velcro to the bottom of the mats, holds incredibly well & you can peel them out when needed. Doesn't leave any marks on the carpet either.

I tried the velcro. I don’t have carped and the PO put some sort of bed liner on the floor. Velcro wouldn’t stick due to the rough surface.

I have the WeatherTechs. Haven't used anything else but the worn out stock mats but I like the WTs. They don't slip around, and they've done a good job of collecting water from the occasional leak.

My TJ had a set of Husky's in it when I bought it. Then a couple of years ago my girlfriend bought me a set of Weathertech for the front and back seats. The WTs are much nicer. They fit perfectly and so far there's been no warping. The Husky set are noticeably thinner and are warped and wavy. I don't have any idea of the age of the Huskys but they did not hold up well over time.

I've got the Rugged Ridge front and rear seat molded ones, that I think are just like the Quadratec ones. https://www.morris4x4center.com/flo...-black-1st-2nd-row-rugged-ridge-12987-10.html I don't think they cost that much when I bought them though. I have no complaints about them other than the tabs on the little oval emblems broke off after a while and the emblem wouldn't stay in place. I didn't really care about having the emblem or not, so I just filled the holes in the liner with some black RTV. I do have carpet though, but didn't have the little hooks in the floor when I bought the Jeep. I found a couple clips on either Amazon or Ebay. They stay in place well with the clips.

Weather tech liners are nice though. We bought the front, rear and truck set for our Camaro. I like how they stay pliable in all weather.

I've considered getting the Weather Tech cargo area for the LJ, but I'd like to see a picture of how far up it comes up towards the front. I've heard it comes all the way to the edge where it drops off into where you would put your feet if you were sitting in the rear seat, which is what I'd like. Most seem to only come up to just under the seat.

I've had some Husky Liners in my Silverado for probably 17-18 years. They are ok and get the job done, but they are not pliable at all in cold weather. They do move around a good bit compared to the Weather Techs in the Camaro; none of those things move at all.

I had the Weather Tech's in my JK and they were ok but seems to catch your shoe occasionally on the side where they go up the pan when getting in and out. With the TJ I went with the Husky liners. They fit very well and have had no issues or movement. Best of all they were a bit less pricey than the WT's but look the same to me other than the company logo.

I have these and am very happy with them:https://www.huskyliners.com/uni-fit-floormats/2001/jeep/wrangler/submodel/sport

I have no carpeting, but they do have small nubs for carpeted surfaces. They are easily trimmed for a custom fit.

Did you trim the carpet nubs off the back? Seems like they would "float" if there was no carpet for them to grab onto. I don't have carpet and the PO put in bed liner. I would like to have some kind of rubber mat (not sure why though, just feels like I should to be honest).

Did you trim the carpet nubs off the back? Seems like they would "float" if there was no carpet for them to grab onto. I don't have carpet and the PO put in bed liner. I would like to have some kind of rubber mat (not sure why though, just feels like I should to be honest).
I left the nubs, as they are shorter and not as aggressive as other mats. They stay put quite well, especially since the foot wells have somewhat of sides and a back stop to them. These are easy to custom cut, and are exactly what I was looking for without carpeting. I wanted a rubber mat, and these fit my need so far.

Reactions: gbirk
. . . I've considered getting the Weather Tech cargo area for the LJ, but I'd like to see a picture of how far up it comes up towards the front. I've heard it comes all the way to the edge where it drops off into where you would put your feet if you were sitting in the rear seat, which is what I'd like. Most seem to only come up to just under the seat. . . .

The Weathertech floor liner set I have in my LJ has two pieces for the driver and passenger, two pieces in front of the rear seat, and one piece that covers from the back of the tub to the rear of the back seat when it is in the "fold and tumble" position, which is approximately the mid point under the rear seat when it is unfolded and ready for use. The rear piece does not cover the entire area from the rear footwells to the rear of the tub.

This is the best picture I have:

LJ Interior Cargo Rack installed view 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
I left the nubs, as they are shorter and not as aggressive as other mats. They stay put quite well, especially since the foot wells have somewhat of sides and a back stop to them. These are easy to custom cut, and are exactly what I was looking for without carpeting. I wanted a rubber mat, and these fit my need so far.
Do you have any pics of them trimmed and installed?