Anyone heard of RollnJack for hardtop removal?

Look nice and easy to remove the top but I think storage may be an issue. I use this one from Bestop but it does really take 3 people and a about 10 minuets and its on the ground they also sell a door holder that will hold 2 sets of doors and it fits inside the hard top

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

Reactions: Jamison C
Oh that Bestop one is awesome with the door storage. That one I posted looked like one guy would take off the top with it. Are you saying for the Bestop one 3 guys have to remove the top and then carry it over to lay basically a stand?

I was thinking about getting a hardtop, and I was wondering if anyone has heard of/had thoughts about the RollnJack? https://www.rollnjack.com/
My question to you is, do you have a garage or carport that you will be storing your top in? If so you might consider a hoist of some kind that attaches to the ceiling. That way you could hoist it off yourself then set it down on a cart.
Something like this,
https://www.quadratec.com/products/harken-hoister-garage-storage-jeep-yj-tj-jk-jl-7803.JEEP

Last edited:
Oh that Bestop one is awesome with the door storage. That one I posted looked like one guy would take off the top with it. Are you saying for the Bestop one 3 guys have to remove the top and then carry it over to lay basically a stand?
No you slide the to back a couple of inches then attach the stand while it is on the vehicle then you slid the the back and as it slides off the rear of the jeep you lower it the ground. And once its down since the stand is already attached it's on the stand and wheels. you maybe able to do it with two people but I have the tire carrier on the rear so it takes an extra person to get it over the tire.

I bought a 1000 pound electric crane and mounted to my garage ceiling. Couple straps and an extension cord to power it and I got my top off. I don’t let it hang for storing it though.

Or you can use a crank and drum used on the front of a boat trailer. Toss the strap and use some regular rope and the drum can hold a lot more.

Ok, I spent a lot, but not that much more than what’s posted. But, I became frustrated trying to find something to fit our garage as well as make things fast and easy. https://topliftpros.com
I have to admit I’m really liking it. I use it on her JK. I can have the top off in about ten minutes with a power driver for the screws, I always do this alone. I disassemble the top in the driveway and then back the lift into the garage then raise the lift enough to clear her hood. I have to roll over a sizable lip in the concrete when rolling it into the garage, and it has not been unstable. My wife then drives straight in, parking under the top and over the legs of the lift. It’s perfect. Her Jeep is stock and it fits, it’s designed with lifted Jeeps in mind.
Pardon the shelf mess. Just noticed the strap on the handle. It’s not at all necessary, I’m just cautious.

40C8292A-A7F4-48AB-B5B9-6F1BEAEF5D78.jpeg

Yeah, I’ve purchased 2 of them so far. Last house I sold the buyer liked it so much they asked I throw it in. They used to be cheaper.
my lange works well. haven’t used it since lift was put on jeep. weather has not cooperated to run without top.

Reactions: Apparition