Washington Anyone in Washington? I need to try on 33s and / or 35s

If my final tire size was 35’s, I’d be looking at 17” wheels and the 17” BBK.
The follow quote is in reference to when I said.... mrblaine often says a 17" bbk is overkill for the tj and unnecessary. 16" kit is likely the way to go.

No, not overkill for the TJ, overkill for 35's. It will lock up 40's.
35's- TJ 15/16 kit
35's Heavy TJ Unlimited 16 and Super 16 kits
37's on either Super 16 and 17" kit
40's on any TJ 17" kit

The follow quote is in reference to when I said.... mrblaine often says a 17" bbk is overkill for the tj and unnecessary. 16" kit is likely the way to go.
Yeah but I don't think i'll want 17" wheels. and I definitely don't want 16" wheels. I was planning on just dong the 15" kit with the new knuckles and everything.

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ
Just let me know when you're ready. If the stars and planets align, I may have the front and rear axles torn apart by the time you're put back together and the wheels will be off the TJ anyway.

Regarding the lift, I am not really sure. Other than a few minor things, my TJ is still as I bought it back in May. FWIW, when I measure from the base of the front spring to the top, I get 16". It looks like there is a spacer at the top as well. Based on those things, I am guessing it's 3.5 - 4" which seems high, TBH.

I didn't measure the rear springs. There is about 6" from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender in the front and the rear is about 5", top of tire to fender.

View attachment 119980

That rubber spacer is actually the factory spring isolator. Don't count that in your measurement, which looks more like 3" of lift based on your tape measure.

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ
Yeah but I don't think i'll want 17" wheels. and I definitely don't want 16" wheels. I was planning on just dong the 15" kit with the new knuckles and everything.

I have the 15" BBK, and it is way more up to the task of stopping 33's. 35's shouldn't be an issue either. If you plan to run a 15" wheel, you have to be careful if going with a 16" BBK. Some wheels won't clear the calipers.