Anyone install front / rear cameras?

I have the one on the top right on my RAM, but it is integrated into the stereo I have. Works good. I use it to line up my trailer hitch to my toy hauler.

Not yet, but I'm always thinking that I need to install a dash cam... Seems like these days one can never be too safe!

Recently purchased a Rexing M1 rear view mirror dash cam. When it did work, it was awesome to have the rear camera view pop-up in the mirror as I'm backing up from snowplowing.

But it was buggy and kept restarting. Exchanged it at BestBuy for a different M1 - same issue. So I returned it and am now looking for another rear view dash cam. Having the 33s on the bumper carrier virtually blocks any view from the rear view mirror.

the newer pioneer NEX head units have dual camera inputs.
i have the AVH-W4500NEX but there are less expensive options.
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/AVH-W4500NEXthe rear can be triggered by reverse and both can be activated manually.

im going to use the 2nd camera input for a forward facing skid mounted cam to keep an eye on my front tires.

Not yet but once I get to that point I plan on figuring out where to mount my front cam for the best view.

I have my front camera mounted right on my winch fairlead and its pointed down quite a bit. Works really nicely. I find I have it it on more than my rear camera.

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

Reactions: Chris
What made you choose the winch for a mount as opposed to somewhere under the Jeep?

What made you choose the winch for a mount as opposed to somewhere under the Jeep?

I tried a few areas under the jeep and either I couldn't really get a good view of in front of the tires or it was too prone to getting hit. I'm still thinking about trying around the front body grill mount but this is working well.

The other reason was to keep it clean. We have very wet trails here.

You can see in my photo though how well it works. The photo out the front is my normal field of view I see about mid-way into the garage but on the camera, I see even the driveway before the garage.

Edit: the biggest issue is you get no depth of field so you need to learn how to judge the depth. But it's a great aid when you don't have a spotter.

Reactions: Wildman and Chris
I have front and rear cameras installed the stereo as the monitor. The rear is mounted in the center of my spare tire. The front was originally installed on the top of my front diff. It was knocked off. When I install another one I’ll put it centered and behind a hole I drill in the front bumper.

Reactions: Wildman
Recently purchased a Rexing M1 rear view mirror dash cam. When it did work, it was awesome to have the rear camera view pop-up in the mirror as I'm backing up from snowplowing.

But it was buggy and kept restarting. Exchanged it at BestBuy for a different M1 - same issue. So I returned it and am now looking for another rear view dash cam. Having the 33s on the bumper carrier virtually blocks any view from the rear view mirror.
I got the echo master about 3 years ago in the mirror type at bestbuy..it’s been flawless..but be careful where you tap power. That was the only tricky part, and part of that was the TJ was finicky.

I have the pioneer head unit mentioned above with a rear camera and have another for the front sitting on a shelf ready to install. I'm planning to try and figure out a good spot to mount it where I can see front tire placement.

I've picked up an atoto s8 with front and rear camera, I'll be installing it as soon as the double din fascia arrives!