Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Anyone installed the dv8 version of the or-fab tire carrier?

imahnu

Unorthodox
Supporting Member
I have not but I have the or-fab unit. I couldn’t find a TJ version of their tire carrier on the website or a quick google search. Do you have a link to anything?

OP
Moglocker

Moglocker

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I have not but I have the or-fab unit. I couldn’t find a TJ version of their tire carrier on the website or a quick google search. Do you have a link to anything?
It’s sold out on their site,but it looks like they changed the pass bracket

9F9EF3C0-3F9E-429C-A149-2C6A9E37F3EF.png

imahnu

Unorthodox
Supporting Member
If you are looking for the or-fab here you go.

I can definitely recommend the or-fab for sure. The install was a lot but definitely worth it with how much it can carry and support, especially with the quality of it.

OP
Moglocker

Moglocker

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
If you are looking for the or-fab here you go.

I can definitely recommend the or-fab for sure. The install was a lot but definitely worth it with how much it can carry and support, especially with the quality of it.
Did you buy it recently?

imahnu

Unorthodox
Supporting Member
Did you buy it recently?
No about two years ago. I’ve carried two full gas cans, a large recovery bag, a 33” tire on steel wheels, a trasharoo (I think they’re called that). Carried that all over the rough and bouncy roads in BBNP and BBRSP for a good week. Never had a problem. It’s been used for camping/overlanding trips quite a few times and never had an issue with it.

OP
Moglocker

Moglocker

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
No about two years ago. I’ve carried two full gas cans, a large recovery bag, a 33” tire on steel wheels, a trasharoo (I think they’re called that). Carried that all over the rough and bouncy roads in BBNP and BBRSP for a good week. Never had a problem. It’s been used for camping/overlanding trips quite a few times and never had an issue with it.
On there site it just looks like they remodeled the pass bracket,

lBasket

Branch Manager
Supporting Member
I kinda like it I don't normally like the swing out racks. Maybe it's cos it isn't attached real low on the bumper?

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
I know most everyone runs a 35" or smaller tire so all the carriers listed are fine. But the Metal Cloak carrier just like the Rusty's carrier is rated for up to a 40" tie. And if you start looking at most of the carriers that can handle above a 40" tire they all are $$$. Those of us with larger tires are sort of limited in our choices or we run without a spare.

Reactions: Sancho and IPerkWVU

TheBoogieman

MoreBS
Supporting Member
I know most everyone runs a 35" or smaller tire so all the carriers listed are fine. But the Metal Cloak carrier just like the Rusty's carrier is rated for up to a 40" tire
Damn you! Now 35s are small and Rusty's is good? I guess next you're going to tell me Caitlyn Jenner was a man who won gold medals in the Olympics and had her/his face on a Wheaties box? You really are a buzz kill. ;)

p.s. Please explain your avatar pic. I told my wife it looks like a broken penis with screws installed to keep it erect. Am I close?

Noslo65

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Damn you! Now 35s are small and Rusty's is good? I guess next you're going to tell me Caitlyn Jenner was a man who won gold medals in the Olympics and had her/his face on a Wheaties box? You really are a buzz kill. ;)

p.s. Please explain your avatar pic. I told my wife it looks like a broken penis with screws installed to keep it erect. Am I close?
I’ll save him the trouble:

1643198089672.png

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman

Wildman

Staff Member
Supporting Member

Well shit when I got started in this hobby 33" tires were the big tire and 35" tires were for the HARDCORE guys. Back then having Dana 44's front and rear was hardcore too.

I never said Rusty's was good or bad. I was just pointing out that while for many a carrier that will handle a 35" tire is fine there are a few of us who need something that works with something a little larger. And unless you build it yourself you're pretty limited.
GenRight, Poison Spyder, Metal Cloak & Rusty's are the body mounted carriers that I know of.

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman

Wildman

Staff Member
Supporting Member

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Guess I never thought of it looking like a penis.

R legblack.jpg

This might be easier to see. 12 screws holding my femur together. 7.62mm round fucks shit up.

I'm very sorry to hear that and thank you for all that you did and do for this country. Nobody can ever repay you and others for your sacrifice.

Thanks and it was my pleasure to serve my country.