Anyone into guns?

Also, since you guys went there - I won't get into it, but all I need to do is point out the liberal cities with the most overbearing gun laws and their exorbitantly higher violent crime rates.

:)

Texas rules! Hehe

Reactions: Chris
I carry a Springfield xd mod 2 in my waistband or rarely in my purse and a glock 19 gen 4 under the seat when the doors are off at night. I drive a lot of back roads home. If I only have my carry gun I keep a stun gun velcroed to edge of drivers seat when the doors are off. Using that gives me time to unholster the one in small of back. People think uncomfortable but I've carried so long I rarely notice it.

Reactions: Chris
Seems like a wise idea to start carrying these days with all the domestic terrorism and mass shootings... Shit.

Good question! I'd be curious where you could even mount a rifle in the TJ, being as small as it is.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/great-day-overhead-rack-qd857togrjeep.html

image.jpeg

Reactions: John Carmony
a couple of rifles
2014-12-06 20.56.43.jpg

And as far a pistols...well that changes on a monthly basis depending n what I feel like...but I've owned practically everything out there.

My daily carry is a Gen4 G19 with Gen 3 trigger assembly, 3.5 pull, and various titanium goodies (rod, connector..etc) in a Comp-tac MTAC IWB holster . Backup is a CM9 in an ankle holster.

Wherever I go I carry an EDC 18hr bag as well. It's got everything you'd need to survive for a few days, PLUS any medication we may need that we've forgotten to take before we left the house for dinner...etc (Advil, Tums, Allergy pills...whatever, it's a small drug store too)

I'm an engineer, and former boy scout, so I don't go anywhere unprepared

That seems to do the trick! I'll have to get one for my FN SCAR.

I've wanted one for a long time. I just can't justify the price though when I can build a superior tier 1 AR for 1/2 the cost or less. I have a buddy who picked one up last year. In 308. Used it for hunting this year. LOVES it...but he's also the guy who had to have the KTM RC8 and can't drag a knee or even go with us on spirited rides. He also has a fully dressed & lifted new FJ with every LED and add-on you can think of, that's never left the pavement.
I say all that to preface the IDEAL of owning a SCAR is much more glamorous than actually owning it. It's SO expensive that (if it were mine) it'd be a safe queen and I'd never get it out for fear of scratching it, or God forbid, someone stealing it out of my car when I went in for a drink or food or something.
I prefer a weapon that's proven to work, can take a beating, economical, and is light weight. Not one I'm so scared to handle that I don't use it for it's intended purpose....I.E. EVERYTHING my buddy owns he has to treat like it's a Smithsonian artifact.

I might add this to the conversation...whatever you post here can and will be used against you in the event of a self-defense shoot...just saying be careful what you post. I'd also hesitate about posting pictures of your firearms...again...just saying to be careful. You can't take back what goes into cyberspace.

Reactions: lowranger
Here's the Rossi M92:
View attachment 180

Here's the Ruger Redhawk:
View attachment 181

They are both strong, well constructed firearms. The only caveat is that the Redhawk is a big revolver and you kinda need big hands for it to fit properly. Still, there is nothing there to freak out our more dependent friends and neighbors. Hardly anyone freaks out over "Cowboy Guns". But they have been getting the job done for over 130 years.

For non-work related purposes (camping, hunting, offroading, etc...) I prefer lever guns and revolvers. They are excellent utility guns.

For work I have tools designed for those unique requirements.

Has anyone bought, or considered buying, a pistol / rifle combination specifically for use in the Jeep?

My revolver choice when offroading is determined by the biggest critter that I can expect to encounter on the trail or in the woods.

My stainless steel .22lr Ruger 10/22 takedown was purchased specifically as a Jeep/Truck/Camp gun. Another option I would like to get my hands on would be a Taylor Alaskan takedown 16" lever action in .357 mag.

a$4600 ar15 in 6.5 grendel
a 10 inch bbl ar15 pistol with gearhead tailhook brace
a 1911 in the only real pistol caliber (45ACP)
an hk usp tactical in 45
and several buried in undisclosed places

Nice thread...I think I have 15 1911's some very very old....lots of vest pockets and derringers, and lots of mini's being American Arms and Freedom Arms. I keep a mounted safe in my home made trunk for storage if I have to go "carry-less". There is really no security in a jeep with no top....I protect my guns as much as my right.....