Anyone into knives?

Mrholland

TJ Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
Lifetime Supporting Member
Some times I discover new things that I didn't know I liked or needed. Cars, tools, watches, whatever.

The last few months I've been interested in knives. Different types of materials, uses and designs.

Currently I'm 4 deep into my bad habit.

G&G Hawk Designs Deadlock
CKF Evolution 3.0
Chris Reeve Large Inkosi

The Inkosi is my new EDC.

Help me out folks, what am I missing and what are y'all carrying?

Some times I discover new things that I didn't know I liked or needed. Cars, tools, watches, whatever.

The last few months I've been interested in knives. Different types of materials, uses and designs.

Currently I'm 4 deep into my bad habit.

G&G Hawk Designs Deadlock
CKF Evolution 3.0
Chris Reeve Large Inkosi

The Inkosi is my new EDC.

Help me out folks, what am I missing and what are y'all carrying?

Spyderco para military 2. Once you put it in your hand you might think it's one of the best pocket knives you can buy (just my humble opinion)

SPC81GPBK2_01_spyderco-v202203.jpg

Subscribing. I used to have a decent sized knife collection back in my early teens. I was inspired by the Rambo movie and had the Buck survival knife. This snowballed into butterfly knives, switchblades, boot, hunting. Many pocket knives.

I got rid of most of them over the years. I still have some of the swiss army knives. I have a folding knife in my Jeep and DD that are mostly glorified letter openers. I carry a cheap buck folding knife when I walk my dog because I've had various run ins with stray dogs. A couple years ago I had a pit bull attack my dog and have carried the Buck ever since. Plus lots of coyotes in my area, though I've never had one actually approach me.

I have a friend that keeps small swords and knives in every closet and every room in his house. He jokes that if there's ever a home invasion, he will say "Please don't lock me in the closet!" :) I can't really do that because I have 3 kids. I have a shotgun and some pistols in a gun safe. I have thought about buying more safes to have one downstairs and one up.

I am interested Spyderco knives and their use of crucible magnacut.

I've also heard several people refer to a specific flicking style as spydey flick and custom blade mods as spydey hole.

Spyderco def has a following!

I am interested Spyderco knives and their use of crucible magnacut.

I've also heard several people refer to a specific flicking style as spydey flick and custom blade mods as spydey hole.

Spyderco def has a following!

Yes, the flick is done by using the spydey hole, flicking it with your middle finger, from the back side of the blade. Check it out. It's not a small knife but could do anything you want it to do.

Buck Paradigm Shift is my EDC and all time favorite.
My addiction is pretty bad-i buy knives for my wife and kids too. Just picked up a Kershaw Launch 9 for my daughter's 18th and i Have a new Benchmade on order.

Reactions: J.Pierce
Unfortunately I've been bit by the knife bug in the past. My EDC is a smooth Kershaw blur in olive. My carry bag I carry into work every day I have a K-Bar Jarosz Turok with a custom handle. I have a Spartan Harsey II, but it resides in the safe. Everything I collect has been Made in the USA. Attached is the K-BAR. Forgot my BM 580 Barrage LE.

20230325_221707_resized.jpg

20230325_221720_resized.jpg

20230112_142020_resized.jpg
I also have one Boker Vollintegral with white Micarta handle. German made.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Pierce
Buck Paradigm Shift is my EDC and all time favorite.
My addiction is pretty bad-i buy knives for my wife and kids too. Just picked up a Kershaw Launch 9 for my daughter's 18th and i Have a new Benchmade on order.

Do you give the knives to them, or is this an Al Bundy buying Peg a bowling ball type thing LOL

I am into knives, and at time I think I have more than any man needs, and other times I feel I have nowhere near enough.

Spyderco PM 2 52100 has been a pretty consistent daily carry for a few years.
Occasionally an Al Mar in ZDP100
One of two Dave Wenger Trackers is in the Jeep. Occasionally an Esee Junglas II will take turns with it.
Becker, White River, Great Eastern Cutlery, SAK, Leatherman, McCullen Knives, Kershaw, Condor, the list goes on, but I'm starting to feel self-conscious about my problem, so I'll stop.

I’m not super into knives, my brother is, I always have the one he gave me with me when I’m not at school… its so useful to have, and I can say I feel just a bit safer with it on me… I swear that’s a false feeling though. He got me a Kershaw random leek a while ago as a gift, it’s nothing fancy, but that’s what’s always with me

Reactions: Texas-TJ