Anyone into today's SpaceX launch?

If I can get coverage here at the job site in N. Minnesnowta, I will. I’m old enough to have watched John Glenns’ flight.

Reactions: qslim
The inside of that capsule looks absolutely barren compared to the legacy crew capsules.. They have about a dozen physical buttons/switches, the rest looks to be all touchscreen - like the difference between the F-15 & F-35.

I was watching the coverage on Discovery until they went to Katy Perry for her take on this momentous occasion. Hell might as well bring on Tom Brady too. The NASA feed is much better, they have live audio feed from control.

Reactions: tworley
I was watching the coverage on Discovery until they went to Katy Perry for her take on this momentous occasion. Hell might as well bring on Tom Brady too. The NASA feed is much better, they have live audio feed from control.
Agreed. Watching it on youtube. 20 min to go. Can't believe we have been flying on old russion rockets for over a decade. I'd feel much more comfortable in this..

Looks like maybe an abort tho?

Reactions: Chris
Agreed. Watching it on youtube. 20 min to go. Can't believe we have been flying on old russion rockets for over a decade. I'd feel much more comfortable in this..

Looks like maybe an abort tho?
Yeah, they just called it. Well shit. They said 30 May is the next opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: Daryl
Well they are doing this during hurricane season :rolleyes:

I always wondered why they launch from a part of the country with such unpredictable weather. I just learned why:

https://www.livescience.com/32721-why-are-rockets-launched-from-florida.html
"The Cape had a big advantage," Starr said over other locations. It was selected for two reasons: the fact that it is relatively near to the equator compared to other U.S. locations, and the fact that it is on the East Coast.

An East Coast location was desirable because any rockets leaving Earth's surface and traveling eastward get a boost from the Earth's spin. A West Coast location would either send rockets over populated areas or have to contend with launching against the direction of the spin.

I always wondered why they launch from a part of the country with such unpredictable weather. I just learned why:

https://www.livescience.com/32721-why-are-rockets-launched-from-florida.html
"The Cape had a big advantage," Starr said over other locations. It was selected for two reasons: the fact that it is relatively near to the equator compared to other U.S. locations, and the fact that it is on the East Coast.

An East Coast location was desirable because any rockets leaving Earth's surface and traveling eastward get a boost from the Earth's spin. A West Coast location would either send rockets over populated areas or have to contend with launching against the direction of the spin.

I just learned something new!