Nevada Anyone know a reliable and competent alignment shop in Las Vegas Nevada?

Do you know if you need more than just a toe-in adjustment? What is prompting you to want an alignment? Depending on what you need done you might be able to do it at home with no special tools.
Firstly, I can’t get a freaking alignment done because either they don’t have the right adapter to fit my wheels or their printer machine is not working. Furthermore, my Jeep drives like shit. It wonders, it’s all over the place. I am almost ready to burn it down. Very frustrating.

The latest photos, I’ll post more when I can

05D8880B-5A90-4737-99C3-4F34C66F0ADD.jpeg

4EC7C900-9C21-47CC-B22E-BC650B9F031C.jpeg

I remember now, you have that 6" suspension lift and that dropped Pitman arm and dropped track bar mount. You still refusing to do anything about any of that? Several people told you that combination will handle like shit.

In the mean time you can at least check your toe-in settings which is an easy fast thing to do with no tools needed more complicated than a tape-measure, wrench, and a big set of pliers. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-align-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.85/

I remember now, you have that 6" suspension lift and that dropped Pitman arm and dropped track bar mount. You still refusing to do anything about any of that? Several people told you that combination will handle like shit.

In the mean time you can at least check your toe-in settings which is an easy fast thing to do with no tools needed more complicated than a tape-measure, wrench, and a big set of pliers. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-align-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.85/
I went back to OEM pitman arm

In the mean time you can at least check your toe-in settings which is an easy fast thing to do with no tools needed more complicated than a tape-measure, wrench, and a big set of pliers. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-align-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.85
So now you have the OEM Pitman arm mixed with a dropped track bar mount? If so that WILL cause bump steer.
I don’t know anymore where to start with this thing.

I don’t know anymore where to start with this thing.
We told you to get rid of all the dropped components several times, both the dropped Pitman arm and the dropped trackbar mount. So far you have only gotten rid of the dropped Pitman arm but the dropped track bar mount is still installed. That combination, undropped Pitman arm and dropped track bar mount, WILL cause bump steer. Every time, all day, every day.

We told you to get rid of all the dropped components several times, both the dropped Pitman arm and the dropped trackbar mount. So far you have only gotten rid of the dropped Pitman arm but the dropped track bar mount is still installed. That combination, undropped Pitman arm and dropped track bar mount, WILL cause bump steer. Every time, all day, every day.

How about that inverted T steering? I'm sure the tie rod roll isn't helping. But I have no idea if a stock drag link is capable of handling the misalignment needed for a 6" lift.

How about that inverted T steering? I'm sure the tie rod roll isn't helping. But I have no idea if a stock drag link is capable of handling the misalignment needed for a 6" lift.
Once after installing a 5.5" tall long-arm lift on my previous TJ, which included a dropped Pitman arm and dropped track bar mount, I asked @mrblaine what I should do next. "Start over" was his comment. I didn't get it then but I have since learned the wisdom of that comment.

Thank you! That’s the best advise I have received so far!

I don't know if you caught the important part of my previous post.

You have an aftermarket steering linkage in a configuration called "inverted T". Your tie rod goes all the way across from one steering knuckle to the other, and your drag link runs from the pitman arm to the tie rod.

1642105844290.png

What happens here, is as you turn the steering wheel, the pitman arm pushes or pulls the drag link, and the tie rod rolls forward or backward before the drag link is able to effect any change in steering angle. It manifests as a dead spot in the center of the steering and is likely contributing to the undesirable characteristics you describe.

Contrast this with the original "inverted Y" steering arrangement provided by the factory. The draglink provides a direct connection from the pitman arm to the passenger knuckle, then the driver knuckle is connected to the drag link via the tie rod. There's no moving around of links that can introduce any slack, unless something is worn out.

1642106230150.png

The problem is that with enough droop on the passenger side, you run out of the misalignment capability for the rod ends in the drag link. I would suspect you can reach that point with a 6" lift. I believe Rockjock's Currectlync steering angles the ends to allow for more droop and probably can take a 6" lift, but I'm not sure 'cause I don't own one.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Anyone want to buy a Jeep TJ?
ah, don't give up that easy. Many of us, myself included, started our life of TJ ownership by learning about all the stupid crap the previous owners of our TJ's did and then undoing it.

Mine had a drop pitman arm AND a drop track bar bracket, but the track bar bracket was on the axle end so it DOUBLED the bump steer. It also had lower control arms with trashed threads so they were welded solid, and had cylindrical polyurethane bushings that squawked like a banshee when I flexed as they were trying to rip my control arm brackets off. Oh, and it had a junkyard Dana 35 that was put together by somebody that didn't know how to do gears.

Reactions: akajibio