Anyone know the type of nut for dashboard center studs?

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
My dash started to get rattled and noises so I dug in to investigate.

It seems the two nuts for the center studs were omitted from the factory. They were never installed. I am thinking this may have contributed to the loosening of the dash. I read some other owner on this site found the same thing, only two nuts held the dash on.

Anyone know the part number or type of nut I’m looking for here? Any other places I should look for rattling dash?

Thanks guys.

Man someone will know , hang in here.

@AndyG is right somebody will know but if you can take a photo of where you talking if might help....plus we like pics on here (y)

Reactions: Reign Mack
My dash started to get rattled and noises so I dug in to investigate.

It seems the two nuts for the center studs were omitted from the factory. They were never installed. I am thinking this may have contributed to the loosening of the dash. I read some other owner on this site found the same thing, only two nuts held the dash on.

Anyone know the part number or type of nut I’m looking for here? Any other places I should look for rattling dash?

Thanks guys.
I believe they are an 8mm captive washer nut. I can check tomorrow on a couple of the tubs I have to verify but I seem to recall that being about right from the last time I checked. I may even have a couple or several if that will help?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
The 03 I just bought also has a noisy rattling dash. I guess I need to see where it’s bolted in and see if I’m missing nuts as well. Where exactly do I look for these missing nuts, I’m not real familiar with the Jeep yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go guys.

20190315_070110.jpg

20190315_070058.jpg

20190315_070110.jpg

20190315_070044.jpg

Reactions: Schwifty Rich
Are you guys on quack?
We have a seasonal creek behind the house that runs during our short wet season. Every year a mating pair of mallards shows up, I feed them some cracked corn. During a longer season one year, I noticed the brightly colored male wasn't so bright and looked a fair bit like the female. I looked it up to see what was going on.

Oddly to me since I grew up in a part of the world with toads and frogs making noise during the spring and summer, the creek is full of tiny tree frogs. I can't quite get used to hearing them when it is near freezing out.

Reactions: Fonz54
We have a seasonal creek behind the house that runs during our short wet season. Every year a mating pair of mallards shows up, I feed them some cracked corn. During a longer season one year, I noticed the brightly colored male wasn't so bright and looked a fair bit like the female. I looked it up to see what was going on.

Oddly to me since I grew up in a part of the world with toads and frogs making noise during the spring and summer, the creek is full of tiny tree frogs. I can't quite get used to hearing them when it is near freezing out.
Heard that ...where did you grow up?

Heard that ...where did you grow up?
Southeastern NM, Roswell, or more specific, an area a bit south of Roswell out in the rural area in the midst of farming and agricultural. Lots of hay, alfalfa, corn, milo cultivated for livestock feed. Also why most of the dairies left California and landed in the same area. Cheap land with close proximity to lots of cow fodder.

I live on what used to be Fort Ord in Monterey County. We have tons of tree frogs and I agree it is weird that the weather is so cold and those little buggers are out their croaking.